Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)

I’m getting a 404 when trying to download the RTSP firmware. Am I the only one?

No. I came here specifically because of that. Somehow my cams lost the rtsp function and i need to reload the firmware. Theres quite a few page errors. The whats new link found in the firmware update screen in android is dead too

I reached out to someone at WYZE and they are currently doing some maintenance on the website, that is what has temporarily broken the links to the firmware. Hopefully they will have it back up soon.

2 Likes

Thank, I’m having the same issue. I thought it was me at first, glad I checked here.

1 Like

Can you download it now? Sorry for the trouble!

2 Likes

Yup! Thank you for getting this working again.

The links on this page work:
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026245231-Wyze-Cam-RTSP

2 Likes

You’re welcome! Thank you for the confirmation. Have a great night! :slight_smile:

Works here. Thanks for fixing!

1 Like

Great! You’re welcome for the fix and thanks for the confirmation. :slight_smile:

Hi Gwendolyn,
I still get 404 for both the v2 RTSP and v2 beta firmware links e.g. Wyze Cam v2 RTSP file

However, both firmware links for Pan work.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know! I’ll poke the team.

Hi, new Wyze cam owner here. I purchased a camera after lurking in the forums for a while; I figured that a chance for $20 RTSP camera was too good of an opportunity to miss out on.

I just wanted to chime in and mention that I’ve tried both of the beta firmwares posted on https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026245231-Wyze-Cam-RTSP. (I guess I managed to download the demo_V2_RTSP_4.28.4.41.bin file before it went missing.)

Anyhow, on both firmwares, I’m hitting the frame skip issue as noted on that page.

Frame skip: Video is not smooth and appears to jump every few seconds

Like you I also bookmarked the direct link to the file and would try clicking it hoping it would start working. When I saw the link was fixed I tried my bookmark but it still failed. I went back to the RTSP support article and clicked the link there and it worked. Long story short the link to the file changed from the one previously in the article. Go here to download it:

1 Like

I’ve seen a lot of conflicting info on using RTSP without the internet. I can confirm that it works just fine without internet. The Wyze app seems to have a 30min grace period where the app will work offline and even survives reboots. Once the grace period is over the Wyze app no longer works but RTSP will continue to work.

FYI, the firmware links in the article are broken again. I looked in my download history and found the link that worked yesterday which still works today:
https://download.wyzecam.com/firmware/rtsp/demo_V2_RTSP_4.28.4.41.bin

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I’m going to go poke the team about this. Thanks for letting us know!

I checked with the team and it sounds like they recently worked on this. Could you please try again and let me know if it’s working better now?

still don’t work, and while we’re at it the interface to actually get to the RTSP download is not very convenient. You need to start at the base wyze page (not forums) then go to support, wyze cam v1/v2&pan, wyze cam features, and then finally at the bottom you can go to the RTSP download page with links that still don’t work. though the beta version links do work for what its worth.

Feel like there should be a default “downloads page” with the app, firmware, rtsp, and actual changelog for each one

I’ll definitely share that feedback with the team. :slight_smile:

We had to change some more things with the links. If this isn’t resolved tonight, my bet is that the links will work again tomorrow.