RE: Wyze Lock Auto Unlock

It’s really strange why it’s so different between different people. Mine is unlocked by the time I get to the door. I park my truck about 70 feet from the door and it unlocks far enough away that I don’t hear it when it does. It almost always auto unlocks as it should, only failed maybe 3 times since I got it like January 10th one of those times was last week and the others were in the first week.
I wish there was an easy answer for those that have problems with it.

2 Likes

When I park my car in the driveway, it is only about 8 feet from the door. I’ll walk slower and see if that helps?

1 Like

I’m noticing thet the Wyze Lock is NOT showing in my Bluetooth devices.
The search for “Other Devices” just spins around and finds nothing. Well, that is not exactly true - ONE TIME it showed on the device list, but never again.
Is that why my lock never auto-unlocks?

1 Like

You should see a device during the search called ding ding, but you can’t connect to it, but that is the lock.

2 Likes

Sorry - I don’t understand your comment.
I do NOT see it come up during the search - the seach just keeps “looking”.

1 Like

Hmmm that’s odd. But it did connect during initial setup?

1 Like

UPDATE:
I did some investigating and troubleshooting over the weekend when it hit me. I have Wyze installed on a tablet I leave at home all the time. It has Location and Bluetooth on all the time.

So today, I tuned off Location and Bluetooth on the tablet and guess what, when I came home the Lock auto unlocked. This makes sense in a way, because my account is on both my phone and tablet. The lock probably assumed I was home, despite me being away with my phone.

Fyi- I do have it installed on 2 devices under my account, the tablet and my phone. I have shared it with my wife, but I usually always arrive home before she does.

I’ll be interested to see if it works correctly tomorrow! I’ll keep you updated.

2 Likes

Well, auto locked worked the first time it has an opportunity to, so I guess it did.

2 Likes

The lock doesn’t connect to Bluetooth in the same way as a regular device like headphones, your car, etc…It uses BLE which is Bluetooth Low Energy and you usually won’t see it on your bluetooth device list.
Mbrindle is correct, the device is called Ding Ding, but you can only catch it on the bluetooth list occasionally when it first connects each time. At least that’s how it is on my iPhone.

1 Like

raym64 - Thank you for that info!

Yes – I did catch it once briefly. I’ll stop looking. I had no idea what he meant by saying it was called “doing doing”.

I get it now – thanks for teaching me something new!

2 Likes

You’re very welcome. There was some confusion in the beginning for some of us that got the lock in the early release the first week of January trying to figure things out like the bluetooth name and all.

1 Like

I was totally frustrated but It has now worked for me over the past day. I am running ios and did all the right setup and troubleshooting … i.e. location services on, check batteries (new), wifi and bluetooth cycled etc.

What is currently working is to have the Wyze app open. DON’T have it on the Lock’s screen, but the screen with all of your devices listed. If that app page is open and active, or just behind your lock screen it works. I don’t think it worked for me when I had another app running in front of it, and defiantly not on the Lock’s screen.

1 Like

I usually have it in my Milwaukee heated coat chest pocket with my phone off and it has worked for me but that’s only been two times that I’ve tried it so take that for what it is

I’m also using IOS and my door opens as I’m walking up the walkway from my truck to the door. Not sure of the distance, but It’s always open by the time I get to the door and far enough away that I don’t hear it. This is with my phone in my pocket which means the phone is locked.
I wonder if IOS has a setting somewhere for app specific bluetooth settings that keeps it open for connection while sleeping for those with problems? I haven’t seen a setting like that. I know I don’t need to take my phone of of my pocket for it to connect to thinks like my truck either.

1 Like

UPDATE: Auto Unlock not working again… three days in a row after working 1 whole day… frustrating @JonathanF

ORIGINAL UPDATE: So I tuned off Location and Bluetooth on the tablet and guess what, when I came home the Lock auto unlocked. This makes sense in a way, because my account is on both my phone and tablet. The lock probably assumed I was home, despite me being away with my phone.

Hello @mbrindle,

Were you able to submit a feedback log for the auto-unlock not triggering? Please let me know the 4 digit feedback ticket number.

Regards,

Code is 3813

Thank you

It seems the lock should have had some unlocking triggered when you were within a couple of feet from the lock triggered by your phone pairing with the lock. Let’s face it the gps accuracies can vary greatly with the line of sight to the satellites in the sky. One minute you could be within a couple of feet of accuracy in the next minute you could be a couple of miles.
Not to defend Wyze but I’m sure there customers have been wanting this lock to be released and asking and asking some more for its release. I’m sure they want to release it to start making some money. So maybe they didn’t do enough testing or just enough to consider it a go.
I’m not sure this option on this door lock will ever be 100 percent accurate being how gps accuracy varies with line of sight.

1 Like

I have a Wyze lock and had auto lock continue to show a jam. After I found the weather strip around my door is new and still has a lot of thickness, I adjusted the strike plate on the door. No issues fir the past 30-45 days

1 Like