Push Notifications: Fire Alarm

I have a number of Wyze Cams that record motion and sound alerts. It is very helpful to be able to review visitors, motions, etc around the house when we are not there. I have push notifications turned off as I don’t need a notification every time my furnace makes a puff of steam that blows by my window or every time the radiators make noise. That said, I would LOVE to be able to get push notifications if a fire alarm goes off that I could respond immediately.

Is it possible to enable Push Notifications by event type? I feel that fire alarms should be a privileged event that can reasonably be higher priority than other motions (like a cat walking across the living room).

The push notifications for the smoke/CO alarm function is not subject to the per-camera push notification switch. You may notice that the push switch falls under the Event Recording settings, but not the Alarm Settings in the app.

You do, however, need to have the account-level push notifications turned on and have push notifications for the Wyze app enabled in the phone’s settings. Here’s more info on push notification controls:

There are three places to control push notifications:

1. Per camera in the cameras Settings > Event Recording > Send Push Notification. This can be controlled by the camera owner or shared user and will affect both. This does affect Smoke/CO Alarm push notifications.

2. Globally on an account basis by tapping the bell icon on the top right of the home screen, or using the switch in Account > Notifications. This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app.

3. In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app. This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.)

You can think of the three notification control options as three concentric rings or gates. If the inner gate (level-1, per camera) is closed, no notifications get beyond that level. If the gate is open, then the notification can attempt to get past the next level (level-2, account), etc.

2 Likes

I have push notifications enabled on my Android phone from the Wyze app.
I have push notifications enabled for each indoor camera in the device settings in the Wzye app.
I have CO & Smoke enabled for each indoor camera in the Wyze app.

If I click the bell icon to turn off all notifications, I do not get any CO or Smoke notifications. If I turn the bell back on, I will get my CO & Smoke notifications. I have tested it numerous times.

I was thinking I should get them regardless of the bell setting, but maybe not?

For me, it seems it is all or nothing for notifications.

All firmware for V2s and pancam, along with app up to date. I’m not on beta.

Correct, you can think of the bell icon as a master switch for ALL notifications for ALL devices logged into the account.