I have a wyze cam v2 i being really happy with it to the point that i just hot 2 more another v2 and a pan cam but last 2 cams is being totally impossible to sett up and support haven’t being able to help …to complete my frustration i just meet a client who is having same problem
At what point is it failing ?
I had a few cams that did not add right away, but simple things like a factory reset, removing the SD card, or just luck in general fixed them.
For a factory reset:
- If using an SD card with the camera, remove it before proceeding.
- Leave the unit plugged in and power on.
- Press and hold the setup button on the bottom of the unit until you hear it reset (10-20 seconds).
- Allow at least 30 seconds for the unit to initialize. In some rare instances, this process can take up to 5 minutes.
- The LED on the back should move from Solid Yellow to Blinking Yellow.
- The device is now ready to be setup once again.
After scanning qr code does no recognize wifi …it did twice was able but the after naming camera shows offline
I had the same problem. I fixed it by using 2.4 GHz wifi instead of 5GHz.
I just set up one black cam from HD and 3 black cams direct from Wyze. All setops were done from the same chair.
HD was text book.
All 3 Wyze cams failed during the countdown so I could not name the cam.
Having experienced this before I just backed out, selected the new cam and renamed.
BUT if I was a first time user I probably would want to be returning them.
I have 2 more just the new ones wont link