Post-Purchase Review/Feedback/Questions

Hello!

I’ve been using three WyzeCam v2’s around the house for about a month or so now. I wanted to come to the forum community to see if there were any answers or suggestions for a few questions that I’ve developed over this time. Overall they’re working great and they’re capturing exactly what I need them to, but I was wondering if there was a way to make my particular situation a little more “user friendly,” so to speak.

First, I’ve been told there’s no way to change the “5-minute cool down” after detecting/recording motion, nor is there a way to lengthen the 12-second recording time when that motion is captured. I’ve been told it’s like that so the iCloud service remains free. That’s okay and I understand that completely, but in my experience, I’m finding that I’m actually missing a fair bit of information/footage due to this.

A perfect example is when I was upstairs in my bedroom when the camera pointed at my driveway captured motion (it’s on the opposite side of the house, so it’s not like I could’ve just looked out the window or something to see what was going on). What it detected, recorded, and alerted me to was a car passing by on the street. No big deal. I didn’t think anything of it and just rolled over to go back to sleep. However, toward the very end of this cool down period, a car pulled up into the driveway which contained a passenger whom shouldn’t be on the property (long story, will spare the details). The driver decided to let this person into the house even knowing that they’d be trespassing. I didn’t know it until I actually heard someone downstairs in the living room. I immediately checked the playback footage on the driveway camera and saw all of this unfold after the fact since there was no alert due to still being in that 5-minute cool down period.

Everything turned out okay in the end, but I was thinking… is there any way that – maybe in a future update? – the Wyze app could make a distinct and separate difference between recording motion versus detecting motion? We all know the camera continues to record, track, and write footage to the microSD card during this 5-minute cool down, so would it be possible to have the camera record motion, upload it to the iCloud and alert us that motion was recorded, and then continue to alert us to (but not capture/upload to the iCloud!) motion that continues to happen in this 5-minute cool down period? Maybe allow the user to change the time interval that motion detection (but not recording) alerts appear? At least this way the user would still know there’s something going on without having to be glued to their phones in this 5-minute down time. Just a thought that stemmed from my personal experiences thus far!

Second, is there any way that the playback function can be changed to highlight points in the slide that had motion recorded? It looks like the entire thing is colored green, but would there be a way to highlight or mark (or some kind of indication) the times that had motion recorded? It might be a little easier to go back and find events without having to constantly check the notification tab each time to see when motion was recorded, and then go back to the playback screen to find that particular time stamp.

Just my thoughts! Feedback and suggestions would be appreciated!

Second, is there any way that the playback function can be changed to highlight points in the slide that had motion recorded? It looks like the entire thing is colored green, but would there be a way to highlight or mark (or some kind of indication) the times that had motion recorded? It might be a little easier to go back and find events without having to constantly check the notification tab each time to see when motion was recorded, and then go back to the playback screen to find that particular time stamp.
Change from Continuous Recording to Event Only in Settings > Advanced Settings > Local Storage.