Portrait vs. Landscapae view on Tablet

Just installed two V2 cams. All is well except when I open my Samsung galaxy Note 10.1, the initial screen is in portrait view indicating the two cams. When I tap the one camera it opens in landscape view but cannot view it as it is immediately rotated. When I rotate the tablet to view it in Landscape it rotates to tablet view…

The only way to see it is in portrait view.

In the top right corner of the video frame there is a small icon: a box with open sides. Tap that and see if that will switch you to the proper view.

I can tap it (the open box symbol) while in portrait view and it will rotate to landscape mode but upside down.

I then try rotating it and I can only view it correctly in portrait view.

However…I just tried tapping the icon while the tablet is sitting flat down, and IT WILL open the view to the correct landscape mode and maintain it while sloped up slightly to view it.

It must be something with the gyro on the tablet coinciding with the software only when starting from a flat position.

Thanks RickO for the valuable insight. Will look into Samsung forums for any info.

This worked out well for now.

Thanks, Pete

I just popped in to mention this myself. The problem is, is that the Wyze app makes a bad assumption. It assumes that the default orientation is portrait, that is, the buttons are at the bottom of the screen when the tablet is in portrait orientation.

With many Samsung tablets, I’m not sure if it’s all of them, the default orientation is landscape. Because of this, it means that the Wyze app always thinks you are 90 degrees different then you are. When it gets a notification that it’s in default orientation, it sets itself to be portrait. When it gets a notification it’s rotated, it sets itself to landscape. So you are always sideways on a Samsung and probably any other android tablet, if any, that is configured to be primarily a landscape orientation.