Popup banner for notifications

When I get a notification sound of Person Detection, IF my phone screen is on, I will get a popup banner that I can simply tap. Great!

However, IF my phone screen is asleep, I will still get a notification sound of Person Detection, but when I open the screen there will be no popup banner to click.

I realize Wyze has placed an icon on the taskbar, but it is SO SMALL that if you aren’t looking carefully, you might miss it. Besides, having a popup banner saves an extra step by simply being able to click on the banner to open the camera that is reporting the motion.

I have a Samsung S21 Ultra.

Please consider getting the banner to open (popup) on the screen regardless of if the screen is active or asleep?

[Mod Note]: Your request was moved to this category for better visibility in order for you to receive timely answers to your questions by the forum community. Your request is satisfied by existing phone features/settings.

Welcome @gx1844

Was curious on your Android Settings. Did you turn on Show Notifications on Lock Screen. On the Pixel 5 and 6, there is a Privacy setting which allows you to show all content on the Lock Screen. Here is an image of what I see:

Also, on your Notifications, did you set the ignore Do Not Disturb option?

2 Likes

In my Android OS on my Motorola, when I unlock my phone, all I do is pull down my notification taskbar from the top to show all the notifications I have yet to open. All the motion detection notifications will be grouped there together in the order they were received. When I click on it, it takes me to the event video clip.

Not familiar with how different the Samsung Android OS is.

I don’t have a problem when the screen is asleep. When a notification is heard, I have the phone set to automatically open (waken) the screen. There I can see the Notification bubble for Wyze. The problem is only when the screen is awake, not asleep. When a notification comes in, there is no indication (bubble) that it is Wyze that is notifying me…unless I look carefully at the taskbar. I would like to have the same notification bubble from Wyze whether the screen is asleep or awake but don’t see any settings related to this.

I get a notification banner when the phone is awake. That is a setting in my OS for the device.

I know it may be different on Samsung, but from one of my previous notifications in the history, I enter settings for that type of notification… In this case Wyze message. Then I enable the pop on screen banner notification setting. You can probably search in settings to find it

2 Likes

Slabslayer…you’re the man!
That did it!
It was buried under the General tab.
Thanks.

:partying_face: YEAH! :+1: Those sneaky software devs like to hide stuff just to make us look for it!

Glad you are back to Popping On!

Be safe and well!