Please keep all beta discussion here

(from @UserCustomerGwen)

Hi, everyone!

This is just a quick reminder to keep conversations about the beta app, features, bugs, etc. in this category instead of posting about them in #ask-the-community . This helps to reduce confusion and makes sure that the people tracking feedback about beta get to see what you posted.
Best,

Gwendolyn

7 Likes

Thank you, Loki! Much appreciated. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought I signed up for RTSP Beta test via an eMail invite from Wyze, but I am totally confused as to whether I am in the program or not. Can one of you please help me determine or advise me how to determine if I signed up correctly?

My Android App Store says I have the Beta version of the App installed. What does that really mean?

Thanks.

1 Like

Being in Beta means you get access to functions that are not available to the general public in the production app. currently we have access to use and test and reports bugs on features like grouping the cameras and seeing multiple feeds at once, and being able to turn off the infrared LEDs but keeping night vision on. you referenced RSTP Beta. to my knowledge the RSTP feature is being worked on (more than likely in Alpha testing at this point) and could be released to Beta testing in the next update or two for Beta. your profile picture on your post has the tell tale sign of a Beta user (the wrench and gear) as well so you have successfully signed up for the program too. if you have the features I mentioned you do have the Beta app installed.

if you find any odd behavior or have any questions don’t hesitate to mention then in the Beta section of the forums.

1 Like

I just checked and we haven’t started RTSP beta testing yet (it’s not ready). Could you please message me a copy of the email that you received? We’re curious what you ended up signing up for.

Bam’s description of what beta is works! Though you’ll also run into more bugs if you’re using beta since that’s the bug bashing level.

2 Likes

thank you for the correction on where RSTP currently is @UserCustomerGwen

1 Like

My pleasure! :slight_smile:

Where do I go for the google integration discussions? I was in the group on google found a mention of my issue. (Not being able to access the simulation portion and not having wyze in my list) and the page said to go to wyze forums. It said that issue only happens to a few people . So of course I am part of the few people.

@PARKERBAMA this (below) is the topic for google currently. I don’t know what you mean when you said " I was in the group on google"

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Beta Testing Application For Google Home

Thanks for fielding this, Bam! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen So now that we have all this clarification going, unfortunately I am still confused. I must be dense, since I see people talking about beta testing RTSP but I didn’t even know that it was ready for testing. Is there one place where Beta testers get information in a consolidated fashion? It just feels like info is scattered all over. As nice as this forum tool is, it seems like there should be one place that I can track as a beta tester and know that I am up-to-date.

We’re trying to keep the beta information in this section of the forum (where things admittedly can be a bit scattered and I’ll talk to the team about this) and in this Facebook group.

That said, here’s a link to the support page about RTSP. We usually don’t post these until a feature is released but with the anticipation and complication associated with RTSP, we posted it a bit early.

Ok, thanks for the reply.
So I think what I understand is that I should bookmark this section/topic ==> https://forums.wyze.com/t/please-keep-all-beta-discussion-here where I should find all announcements regarding beta.

Or maybe here ==> https://forums.wyze.com/c/beta ?

1 Like

If you go into your forum profile/preferences, notifications section, you can set the #beta topic to either watching or tracking (see definitions there) to get notifications on new postings.

2 Likes

You’re welcome! And I’d recommend following Loki’s advice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Trying to set this up using SanDisk - Ultra 64GB microsd card. I formatted it FAT32, put the bin file in it, but RSTP still says it is not supported.

@poorrichman you didn’t say whether you successfully applied the .bin file to the camera. Assume you confirm the firmware on the camera is 4.19.4.xx

im not sure if I “applied” it, I put it on the sd card, put that into the camera, held the reset button while plugging in.
It says firmware is 4.9.4.37

When I hold reset and plug in the power, the light does not turn solid blue after 3-6 seconds. After 10 seconds it’ll flash blue once then start flashing orange saying ready to connect.

That may be the issue, not sure why mine doesn’t go solid blue, it is a v2 camera