Person Detection Update: A New Experiment for Premium Features

Excellent comparison and tips!
:+1: :+1:
Wonder if that Wyze cam might benefit from the foggy image lens cleaning mentioned in another thread?

Well I’m very disappointed. Yes I got my Cam Plus but I was a previous CMC subscriber and now I’m being told that I"ll be paying full price as of August 30th. I don’t know if this is a glitch in the system but the email states CMC prices til August 2021. I suggest others check their billing history and services on their account. I’m not even going to be home today to dispute this upcoming charge. Please, I’m tired of filling out tickets every day. :frowning:

cataracts?

3 Likes

Interesting!
Maybe the glass over the sensor is to stop the sensor getting dirty

Almost. It effects the cameras as they get older too. :grin:

1 Like

I’ve seen a post where it was said the glass is for shipping only and is supposed to be removed when the lense is installed in the camera. :man_shrugging:

Update:

I got a notification this morning from one of my remote cams on xnor.

My local test cam (Xnor) is not making PD notifications on both old android and new iPadOS apps. If I look at the PD Settings on the apps …
Android informs me PD for the test camera is disabled whilst Wize does stuff. iPadOS reports it’s enabled.
I updated to latest firmware and PD notification for the test cam is back

What do you mean by “latest firmware” in an Xnor context? Your post confuses me.

Last version for xnor PD operation

Cam Firmware

Pan Cam Firmware
Android App version

Latest firmware is the latest firmware, it doesn’t have xnor

Right, so when you wrote that did you mean updating to .5.36 / .5.34 or did you mean latest firmware and switching to cloud PD?

I used the app to update the firmware. Hence that camera is on “cloud PD”
All my other remote-to-me cameras are on Xnor but relying on Wyze to push notifications to the App.

As I haven’t received notifications for some time from my remote cameras…
I took some time yesterday messing with my local camera and changing back and forth between xnor and cloud PD Firmware to try to make sense of the issue.

And yet one of your Xnors did manage to notify you. Hmm.

Yes. I have two cams pointing at different angles through different windows at my driveway. One is a V2 and the other a Pan both xnor. The Notification was via the V2. Both cams caused a PD event in the app with the same time.

I just restarted one. Maybe it will help. :frowning:

What the heck. Bad diagnostic technique but I toggled notifications and restarted the app too.

Interesting thread! That is certainly something worth considering. I just assumed the clarity difference was because the Eufy was 2K instead of 1080p, but part of it could actually be the scuzzy glass thing found in that thread. Cleaning it made a difference, and the guy who took it out entirely had a BIG difference in more clear pictures. Very interesting.
I haven’t considered whether to try it yet (reassembling such things can be a real pain depending on how much leeway there is with the cords that need to be disconnected/reconnected to get it out to clean). Still, VERY tempting with some of the differences I saw them posting in there! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I’ve taken apart and thrown away the glass disk for one of my cameras and manually refocused the lens. If image sharpness is really important to you then it is worth the effort for sure. You will need a very small and skinny phillips screwdriver.

2 Likes

I’ve been getting similar mixed results and odd error messages depending on if it is xnor/cloud or android/apple or owner/shared account. Still trying to sort it all out.

I presume you have also been reading the thread which adds VPNs as a variable for missing alerts/devices?

1 Like

Hope it helps! :slightly_smiling_face: I have two strong candidates for the surgery myself and am gradually getting annoyed enough to making the jump. Especially when I look at one of my “good” cams with a clear image!

1 Like

Local device VPN can cause problems with seeing devices connected to the network. I assume because the vpn bypasses the local network. Not just for Wyze but other apps too. I operate my VPN’s at the router so don’t have this problem. Not many routers have this function, I use ASUS routers which allow OpenVPN connections.

1 Like