Person detection doesn't work on all cameras

I have 6 cameras but only one of them will detect a person. All my settings are the same and I’m up to date on firmware. Of all the cameras the one at my front door should easily see someone but does not. Help?

Hi, @ironpig911. Welcome! If you haven’t already read through this support page, you can check it out and see if there is something you missed.

Cool Down Period

When a Sound or Motion triggers a 12-second Event Video there is a 5 minute cool down period. Sound and Motion are separate triggers. So if a sound triggers an Event Video it will have a 5-minute cooldown, but if something then triggers via motion, during that time period it will also trigger an Event Video. Then there will be a separate 5-minute cooldown period for another motion-triggered video.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360031188971-Person-Detection-with-Edge-AI

This doesn’t apply. I have no other notifications set.

Person detection only works with the 12 second event videos. So if you have them turned off you have in essence turned off person detection?

That is enabled. Again, all 6 cameras have the same settings. Only 1 camera detects a person.

Fixed.

What was it?

1 Like

What did you do to fix it, knowing can help us help others with the same issue.

2 Likes

I deleted everything and reinstalled. Works fine now.

2 Likes

I seem to be having this issue as well… I’ve checked all the settings and it was working fine until i added another camera, moved things around and updated the firmware on all the cameras. I haven’t been able to get Person detection recording since… its all motion, even with a person walking right in front of the cameras view… it sees the person and puts a green box around the person and stays with them while they move but no recording. I’m going to delete all the cameras and uninstall the app and set them up again. I am also experiencing settings not staying in place or when I leave the app and go back they’re not where I left them. I’ll post my results after.

This issue has been resolved, I deleted both cameras from the app and set them both up again. One funny thing I ran into was trouble removing my V2 cam, it kind of lingered around after. I did not have the same issue with my Pan cam. Anyways, the motion detection is properly classifying people in the motion notification.

Can someone please post the correct settings for the Wyze Cam settings that support person detection and notifications?

Hi, @davewmccord. Welcome to the community! The link below should get you started. If you need help with anything else let me know. :slightly_smiling_face:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360031188971-Person-Detection-with-Edge-AI

2 Likes