Mommy bunnies pull their fur out to make a nest. But that location looks too far to reach. I’m going with scooting under a fence too.
Poppa Wabbit or sibling looking too.
Maybe Elmer can help find the little Wabbit.

Thérèrsia
and some of her kids having a snack I gave them. She has very good eyes, she spotted me from 90 yards away and came running fast with her 4 kids close behind. I think she likes my RED Golf Ball Hat. Maybe she thinks I am a mate
![]()
Off topic
My wife likes to feed the deer at Jefferson Barracks. They are used to people so they aren’t super skittish.
That is my arm. Her arm isn’t as hairy.
Aww. Where is Jefferson Barracks?
You’re close to my neck of the Midwest! Lol I’m on the IL side.
I just looked it up. As a kid, I grew up in a little town called New Baden, just east of there.
Many years ago, I was at a turkey hunting seminar. The presenter passed on an observation he had made: Turkey brains are devoted to 2 senses, sight and sound. A turkey may not see you blink your eyes from 100 yards, but he will HEAR you blink!
That is why you may see a flock of turkeys standing in the middle of an open field during a rainstorm. The noise of rain on the leaves impairs their hearing.
She seems very smart to me. She is on a public golf course and doesn’t run up to just any other people. I go there three days a week and if she is out and about in any of the fairways and sees me she’ll come running. I still think she like my Red hat and thinks I am a strange Tom Turkey. ![]()
WHAT?!? I grew up in Trenton! Small world!
I am right down Route 40 from Trenton. We have gone to the Trenton House for supper.
Neato. We went to Trenton a few times growing up. Can’t remember what for though, haha. I’m not sure, but I think I would’ve gone to their high school if wed stayed past the 7th grade.
I grew up in a Village in rural N.Y. State with a large population of 400. As of the 2020 census it is 379. Since it changed from a blue collar working town to something else (Which I can’t say on this Forum) I don’t think the population will increase. ![]()
My brother still lives there and it is a beautiful area.
Haha. Yup, that’s smaller than mine was/still is (about 1500). We didn’t have any traffic lights, and we only had one class per grade in my school. Mostly farm land around there.
@TomG I love the Trenton House! Live in Belleville now, but my folks still live in Trenton.
@AnnWithAPlan my dad grew up in New Baden, moved to Trenton after marrying my mom. Mom grew up in Trenton. New Baden and Trenton have grown a bit, but we are still surrounded by corn!
Wesclin Jr and Sr High school serves Trenton, New Baden, New Memphis, and some bits of Mascoutah. Depending on when you lived here, the high school used to be in Trenton but moved in the 70’s to a location between Trenton and New Baden on the highway. The old high school in Trenton became Trenton Elementary.
Then a few years back (10 or so?) the high school between Trenton and New Baden became the middle school. And a new high school was built right behind it when looking at it from the highway.
Most of my family is from the Trenton/New Baden area, but some (like me) ventured a little further into surrounding towns. Then there’s one or two that moved states away.
Military cemetery in St. Louis, MO.
My mom and dad are there.
We try to go to the Skyview drive in once a year. Only requirements are the movie we like plays first, and is on the larger screen. We are too old to stay for the second movie. They play first run movies.
I spent more than two years working in Iowa and Missouri so I have seen a lot of corn. Go pick all you can see and send the packages via FedEx to Thérèrsia Turkey & Kids C/O Buchanan Fields Golf Club 1091 Concord Avenue, Concord California 94520. I will make sure she receives it. ![]()
She has been coming there for the last six years so no corn will be wasted.
@TomG I live in Belleville now so I am very familiar with the Skyview! There’s also the Edge that has a bistro theater (recliners and you push a button and they send someone to get your order and bring your food/drinks). They are adult only after the matinee shows.
@Antonius growing up there was a cornfield in my back yard. Mom threw all our food trash in the field. The corn was always a little taller right behind our house.
Though, I think most of the corn grown around here is feed corn and not like sweet corn you get at the grocery.
Wow, small world indeed. How old is your dad? Wonder if my folks knew his folks. Ok, I remember hearing about Wesclin high school, but we moved away in 1969.
Where I live now, there are acres and acres of corn growing right behind the backyard.

