PanCam as Webcam

I performed the Webcam flash on my PanCam. Worked great, however what I would like to know is if the WiFi function was left out of code and if the PTZ options were available or not.
Thanks for any help.

If you updated to the webcam firmware, that is its only function. I you wanted the other functions, you’d have to flash back to a production firmware.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041676711-How-do-I-revert-my-webcam-back-to-a-Wyze-Cam-

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I figured that would be the case. I’ll just position camera for best view. Found a little PT head on B&H Video for cheap. Should do the trick.
Thanks again.

1 Like

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the PanCam to zoom in when used as a webcam? I got the PanCam to work as a webcam pretty easily after flashing the BIOS but there doesn’t appear to be a way to get it to zoom in. With the PanCam about 2 feet away from my face, it takes in too much of the room.

You’ll need to use whatever program you are using the webcam video with to zoom in on the video. The pancam, and the V2s, neither have zoom lenses. Even with regular Wyze cam production firmware, both just do digital zoom with the app. The camera hardware has a field of view of 120 degrees.

I used OBS to zoom in on the Wyze webcam picture, then piped OBS to Zoom.