Pan cam movement reset question

Hello,

I just received my 2nd Pan cam and set it up. I noticed one difference in how they behave and I am sure there is a setting I am missing. So I am asking for some help.

With the first one I have set up i noticed when ever I pan around the room after about 39 seconds it resets its position back to where is was originally. I use this one as a baby monitor and This is really helpful if I forget to move it back.

On the new camera I just got today if you move the camera it does not automatically return to its original position.

1 Like

Did you setup the waypoints ?

1 Like

In addition, Just set up one waypoint and that’ll be your “home”. If you manually pan away it’ll return home after 15 seconds.

2 Likes

No I did not set up any waypoints on the first camera which is why I am confused.

I feel like I looked in every setting option and they ads identical

1 Like

I can try that. But strange that I never set that up on the first camera

1 Like

Guess what, I found the answer! If you have a detection zones it will also reset to the original position after 15 seconds.

3 Likes

You are absolutely correct about that one. That’s the way it’s supposed to function. Pan scan and Detection Zone are mutually exclusive.
My experience has been that the Detection Zone is less reliable as far as consistently returning to the home position than Pan scan with one waypoint as @Omgitstony suggested. On my Pan cams the detection zone tends to forget to return randomly, so I use the Pan scan trick. On mine I want to continuously monitor certain areas by default.
Also, if you use Motion Tracking with the Detection Zone something like a blowing bush or turning fan can freeze the cam at that spot.

2 Likes

Never relied on detection zone for return to home. Sometime it would reset on its own to full view. When I can’t understand why I’m getting so many motion triggers ?
I’ve set 4 waypoints at any given time I can quickly set anyone of them as home.

You might already know this but Motion detection on the V2 and Pans is based on a pixel-change algorithm rather than infrared like the sensors or the WOC. That means that even sudden light change like sunlight or porch light, or wind motion will cause enough pixels in the frame to change and will trigger a “ motion “ detection. Turning down sensitivity helps but can cause a miss on an actual physical motion.

1 Like

The position of the pan cam is determined by the user setting up various points. This is in no way influenced by what the camera is looking at, but rather the camera’s physical location in reference to the base.

2 Likes