Outdoor Cam won't record through window...second camera try-settings?

I have tried for 5 months to get my Outdoor cam to record through my front office window. I have 4 very long support calls trying everything, never worked. Wyze replaced with a new camera a couple of weeks ago and I set it up with the same results. It records inside, but nothing outside… Not a single support person has ever suggested or helped with the possibility that a setting might be the problem…IR lights?

The PIR motion sensor will not work through glass

5 Likes

As @bryonhu stated the cam PIR can not detect heat through a window and when outdoors it detects side to side motion best .

4 Likes

Wow…thank you. I very literally had 4 very long phone calls with their support, which each time knew I was trying to view/record through the window, and that never came up. I am talking hours of silly first level support…reboot, etc… even through a new unit shipped. Unreal.

I wouldn’t have purchased this had I known that.

Wow…thank you. I very literally had 4 very long phone calls with their support, which each time knew I was trying to view/record through the window, and that never came up. I am talking hours of silly first level support…reboot, etc… even through a new unit shipped. Unreal.

I wouldn’t have purchased this had I known that.

Steve Peters

If you want to record out a window I would get a V3, they cost less and record continuous to the SD card if that is what you desire. If recording out a window at night and you need to use the IR night vision turned on instead off color night vision the face of the cam need to be flush with the window or buy a window mount so the red IR lights don’ t reflect off the window back to the cam. I have four of the version 1 battery outdoor cams but they are all outdoors and do what I want them to do.

4 Likes

Great reply Antonius…more useful information than 5 months of Wyze “support”! Thank you!