Outdoor Cam: Very Disappointing - Returned

Very disappointed and returned for refund. Battery only lasted 2 weeks. Plus 1-3-5 minute cool downs are ridiculous! Huge gaps in coverage. Camera is roof mounted and I will be damned if I am using a ladder every two weeks to charge it. Continuous record on SD card and the charge is gone in 1 day.

To say the charge lasts 3 months is a preposterous claim. What - you only film 1 minute a week? Bottom line unacceptable.

I have 8 cameras. Those work fine. This outdoor one fails.

1 Like

The Outdoor Cam is dissappointing, It keeps complaining about no internet connection, when the rest of my tools (4 other cameras) are working fine. I won’t buy another camera from Wyze.

1 Like

The best thing I can say is Disappointing, Very Disappointing!

How do I return this so I can get a Outdoor cam ( Not this model) that works?

Brews

Wyze Customer Support
1 (844) 999-3226 or (206) 339-9646
Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT
Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

I agree! Outdoor cam SUCKS!
Somebody is gonna steal the camera.
It’s a damn magnetic mount???
It’s a pain to recharge.
I purchased 3 of these duds and now it’s too late to return.

Especially now since the new V3 was unexpectedly announced. Much better features and hardwired!

I purchased one early, the instructions asked to place the router close to the camera. Didn’t work. After several positions and about to return it, I placed the router close to the house router; works fine. I mounted it outside one the front porch and attached to a large spindle by two screws, under the roof. The battery needs to be charged, I bought one of those “candy bar” chargers and about every four days I attach it to the camera. So far so good.