Outdoor base station beta update

What is the status light on yours? Mine was yellow, and was completely non functional. I believe the sd card flashing is handled by the firmware, so if it’s bricked it’s bricked… maybe your issue was diffrent from mine?

Mine was just like yours KyGuy2002. Solid yellow light, nonfunctional. Wyze got me to delete it from my app, then told me to readd it, but it would never register any internet. Nor would it create it’s own.

1 Like

The light on my hubs running beta 4.16.3.97 are normal, solid blue the entire time. My hubs aren’t bricked. I can powercycle them, apply updates or reflash.

1 Like

Curious, how is your Base Station connected? Mine is Ethernet connected and so far, have not experienced the same issue. I am on the Base and WCO versions as you are,

The only other difference is that my App got the latest patch which moved me back to 2.29.2.127 the latest prod version…

For the base stations running beta 4.16.3.97, two are connected via Ethernet, one is connected via WiFi. When the problem exists, the app erroneously shows the base station that is connected via WiFi as connected via Ethernet.

1 Like

Very weird, when I attempted the upgrade, the base never came back online, and the app still said it wanted to update. It couldn’t obv because the base was offline.

Aye, you have now bricked your base. Contact support

1 Like

Base Station 4.16.2.66 and 4.16.3.97 include important security-related updates, reflashing to an earlier version than 4.16.2.66 will make the device unresponsive and stuck in solid yellow light so I don’t recommend doing so. We’re looking into your issue. Does the camera connect properly if you take them out of the camera group?

3 Likes

Due to an error on our firmware update server, it caused base stations to skip a mandatory firmware package (4.16.2.66) and became unresponsive if updating to 4.17.3.97 from 4.16.2.45 in the bulk firmware update page. It’s now fixed but please contact support if your base stations are stuck at solid yellow light.

2 Likes

I have grouped WCO cams and also ungrouped WCO cams. All exhibit the same behavior under 4.16.3.97.

No worries… I’m not flashing back to an older version… I was just wondering :+1:.

My cams are not bricked. The base stations running 4.16.3.97 require a powercycle every 12-24 hours.

2 Likes

Thank you for testing! Will check your log :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can send another log for a WCO cam that is not in a group if it helps. I just need to wait for the base station to fail. It might take time as I just powercycled all base stations an hour ago. :smiley:

No need for the WCO log. We found the root cause on the base station. Will fix it in the new base station firmware. Thank you for helping us find this bug!

5 Likes

Excellent! Thank you for the status update! :smiley:

2 Likes

Is base firmware 4.16.2.66 safe to upload, was it fixed? My app shows it is available for update but I’m gun shy, can’t afford to brick the base.

1 Like

I’m in the same situation, I usually wait for a least a few weeks until an update is out, and the history with the last two updates does not give me high confidence.

1 Like

@Antonius @Rareapple3
If you’re using the 2.29.2 apps, we fixed a bug in the bulk firmware update page that might brick the base station.

2 Likes

@WyzeLi Thank you, just completed the update. I didn’t know I could hold my breath for 4 minutes :grin:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.