At the beginning of the year I decided to try one of those OG Telephoto cameras and a few weeks later it became one of my favorites for my needs because of its optical zoom.
Unfortunately, the camera malfunctioned in the last few weeks and, as it was under warranty, Wyze offered to send a new one, but since it’s no longer in stock, I opted to receive a credit.
I still don’t know if the telephoto will ever be available again or if there’s a model that will replace it, so I’d like to ask if anyone has had success with an alternative method to give a conventional camera a little optical zoom.
Haven’t seen any mention of a cam to replace it, but also haven’t seen any mention of it being discontinued.
The battery cam pro, when sold with the bird feeder, comes with a macro lens which does the opposite of what you want. In theory it may be possible to find some sort of telephoto lens you could put over the cam’s lens but most likely it would cut down the brightness quite a bit and it would need a lot of trial and error. I have seen here when a few people took apart certain cams and installed replacement lenses with different specs. But that too would probably require a lot of trial and error.
Have seen the OG TELs pop up refurbished and used from time to time at certain sites. Not sure if there are any currently.
I can still find it on Amazon Canada (for how much longer?) but the price is the same as a V4. I found it unconvincing to pay the same $35 USD for the old OG telephoto lens compared to the V4. Of course, I ended up ordering it simply for its functionality, but I was trying to find an alternative solution that might work, assuming that telephoto lenses are no longer available from any reseller.