ONVIF Protocol

Implement ONVIF to make it easier to integrate Wyze cameras into other environments in a standard manner.

I agree 100% An ONVIF compatability would be great. Iā€™m not sure that the powers-to-be at WYZE would be interested as it would interfere with monthly fees for their cloud future!

Could be. But Amcrest and Foscam have their own Cloud services as well :man_shrugging:t4:

ONVIF would be great but my hopes arenā€™t high as Wyze still doesnā€™t offer Alexa support outside the USA.

And, compared to RTSP for which Wyze offers a forked Firmware, ONVIF allows for Pan & Tilt.

ONVIF would be better for aftermarket/3rd party software, camera viewing programs, but RTSP at least allows viewing with Blue Iris and most of the WyzeCams do not PZT. Just received my new v3 and it needed a firmware upgrade out of the box. It still does NOT support RTSP so is of limited use for me. I do have to say Iā€™m impressed with the color night view sensitivity of the v3 and hope they roll out the RTSP firmware soon.

+1 for ONVIF so I can use my Wyze Cams in BI and/or on my QNAP NAS

SJ

AGREE ALSO, No more Wyze products for me until I can use it w/Blue Iris. Donā€™t trust what can happen to my videos on the cloud. Too much hacking. If not available by year end my 3 Wyze cams are going on the auction block.

ONVIF is still ā€œmaybe laterā€, so there is virtually zero chance of it being enabled by the year end. The last I saw, we are still awaiting RTSP firmware for the v3.

RTSP and ONVIF functions needed for v2 and v3

Iā€™ve had the v2 for a long time and itā€™s been great. Thinking of getting a v3 or two until I found I needed to have ONVIF functions. RTSP and ONVIF would be nice, but definitely ONVIF. Every app I try asks for it. The other day I wanted to watch the cam on my Roku and yet again every app is wanting ONVIF.

I have my home NVR from Hikvision/DaHua, I d like keep all Wyze cloud cam plus AI features, plus can same time stream to my home NVR using ONVIF which I have multi 6T WD purple discs, and can keep many months history

+1 for ONVIF

I would love to see the Wyze cams be updated to have the ability to use ONVIF as well. I am using RTSP on them which gives you limited use but ONVIF would expand the usability of the cameras for security systems.

1 Like

ONVIF +1

Should Wyze care about ONVIF or RSTP? The result is no subscription income.
I doubt theyā€™ll make much money selling cheap cameras without subscriptions.

I want to migrate from an old QNAS NVR to an ONVIF setup and have played with Blue Iris.
However, Iā€™m liking this Wyze v2 cam for what it does well, so just ordered a couple v3s.
128G of local storage makes me wonder if I really need an NVR, and I love Alexa integration.

3 years later we are still waiting for ONVIFā€¦

1 Like

100%

Loving the VN3s, and would LOVE to replace all our buildings cams with Wyze ā€“ so affordable and work well! ā€“ but came here to learn Wyze cams donā€™t support ONVIF.

Damn!

YESā€¦ Pleaseā€¦ I just bought one of these intending to add to my 9 camera set-up with Blue Iris only to find that it is not compatible. I hope to not have to return it for a refund.