One Sensor isn't working

I bought one of the sensor kits (2 x sensors, 1 x motion sensor and bridge) only a couple of months ago. Everything seems to be working except for one sensor, no light flash when you open the sensor. The other one works fine.
I’m guessing its not the battery as I haven’t used them very much yet since purchase and one is working fine.

Any tips or is it a faulty sensor? I am yet to swap the batteries to see if that makes it work.

Cheers

I will try the battery first. They are known for shipping with dead batteries or very short living batteries. Go with a high-quality like energizer lithium ion battery. I’ve had some that I’ve lasted a couple days and I’ve had some that I’ve lasted a couple months but I’ve been replacing batteries he recently consistently because I put a lot of stuff in at the same time the batteries are going dead at the same time. Personally I go to Amazon and look for like a package deal of three-year five energizer lithium ion batteries in by those.

1 Like

Absolutely agree with @paindonthurt on the batteries. For the cost and aggravation factor name brand is the way to go.
From your post I’m making the assumption that this sensor never responded at all - not that it failed after use. Try the battery swap but if that fails definitely Open a Ticket With Wyze Support and request a replacement. Not much else I know of to do when it’s dead out of the box. Keep us posted!

1 Like

I actually just encountered a similar issue and am getting one of my contact sensors replaced by Wyze.

I have my sensor on a basement window that has been opened once in the last 5 months, yet the app told me the battery was going to be dead soon, last week. I replaced the battery but the app would never show that the sensor ever came back online and still showed a bad battery, so I replaced it again with no luck. Warranty replacement sensor is in the mail!

2 Likes

Thanks for that feedback! Customer Support isn’t always bad!
Glad you are getting resolution.

2 Likes

yip ended up being the battery, surprised it went flat after very minimal use (it was sitting on my desk still in its wrap and only used a handful of times)

1 Like