Okay lets talk wyze lock and auto unlock

Jason,
Thank you for getting back to me . I am on a Galaxy S10 with Android 12. App is V2.33.0 (61) .I set up a rule for geofencing for the lock ill try it out tomorrow. I would figure turning on Auto unlock and setting my location would allow the lock to unlock also.

@vabchgent
Since you are on Android 12 could you also make sure the permission for ‘Nearby devices’ is set allow.

We are 2 for two on Auto unlock not working. I did notice the August lock app tried to unlock my old August lock. I have since removed the August app and will try again to see if maybe that was interfering with the Auto unlock. I checked the rule history for unlock front door and there is no entry. Like it did not even attempt to unlock the door. Keypad works like a charm though.

@WyzeJasonJ .Third time not Auto unlocking means there’s a problem. Still no auto unlock after a third attempt. I called support, they are sending my logs over to the App team. I also have mostly an Wyze ecosystem here, so hopefully they can get this fixed.

@vabchgent
Did you check the Nearby devices permission in Android? The only other thing I can think of is you cannot have the lock open and on scrren in the app or it will override the auto unlock.

Yes nearby permissions are granted and I do not have the app open.

2 Likes

We are reaching the extent of my problem solving, hopefully support is able to help you out. I haven’t used Wyze Lock in awhile because I swapped it for the Lock Bolt for testing, prior to that it was working for me. I may have to swap back and see if it still is.

1 Like

Auto unlock just worked once for me . So I will try it again , when I get a chance to go out.

1 Like

I just had auto unlock work once for me. Looks like all my Geofencing is working right as well.

Same problem here with Samsung S21.

Jeff

I reset Bluetooth and location in the phone. I also set a rule in the Wyze app to open the door when in area. I also noticed, it might take 10 seconds or so for the lock to auto unlock. So a lot quicker then digging for keys , but a lot slower then what I would like.

Auto -unlock has never worked for me. I have had my lock for over two years.

1 Like

So I noticed , when auto unlock works. It takes forever to unlock the door. Would be nice if Wyze could pick up the speed of the lock unlocking. Also Would be nice if the lock Auto unlocked all the time, consistently. Also noticed the firmware has not been updated on the Wyze lock for the past year. Wyze is still selling the lock so it should be supported.

1 Like

Wyze ecosystem mainly. Have had original lock installed for over year. Seriously one of the most frustrating technology items I’ve ever owned. My family HATES it.
I have worked with Wyze support. I have calibrated possibly 100’s of times now.
My lock CANNOT figure out that the door is OPEN so it decides to put the bolt out, thereby damaging the wood trim where it hits the door by someone closing it.
When it does work (seldom) it works for about a day then decides it needs to be recalibrated AGAIN.

I am an extremely dissatisfied customer and will not recommend Wyze to anyone any longer.

All installation instructions have been checked and rechecked. I use Apple iPhone app.

I just installed the Wyze lock and i have been able to get the auto unlock to work. I did notice that if i was connected to my wireless headphones that the auto unlock did not work.
I also noticed that the auto unlock worked when i came home by parking the car in the garage and walking into the house thru the dropzone door which i was not expecting.

My iPhone is always bluetooth connected to my (After)Shokz Aeropex bluetooth headset when I arrive home, and the “Auto Open” has worked everytime so far. (so long as I don’t have the bluetooth turned off)

How close is the “dropzone door” to the door that has the Wyze Lock installed? I’m going to guess it’s close enough for the bluetooth on your phone to be detected by the Wyze Lock to open it as you enter the GeoFence of your home, and thus it unlocks it?

SJ

1 Like

Yes the drop zone is a short distance from the lock so it’s sensing I am home and unlocking. Thanks for confirming my suspicion.

Guys i found an alternative! i ended up finding IFTTT as an alternative for some alexa stuff and ended up trying this out. first download the IFTTT app and sign up for the free account. then creat a new applet. select the “if this” button and search for the location function. pinpoint your home and create that trigger. now under the “then that” button search for the wyze function, link your wyze account, and select unlock wyze lock. create action and your all set
i live in apartments and it unlocks right when i pull up in front of my building. hope this helps.

Hi all,
I worked with Wyze support and they suggested I create a location based rule to unlock the front door. It seems to work a little better. The problem with location based is the minimum diameter is 500ft so much farther away from the house than the normal auto unlock. I can live with that.
But one thing I have noticed is when I come home in the car the door unlocks, which is ok, but then the door does not lock again unless I open the door and the auto lock works or I manually lock it.
I have a Good Night routine for Alexa so I added locking the front door to it.
Any other suggestions or thoughts as to why it does not lock with auto lock?

I’m having the same issue with auto unlock. It’s not working. I’ve re-paired the devices, and did all the troubleshooting on the support page. Still no good. I got a new Wyze lock and used the new connect device. Should I be using the old one? Doesn’t make sense since the lock is new, but thought I’d ask.
Anyway, everything has been reinstalled and trouble-shooted, and still it never works. Help?