nonDetection area does not work for people

I have a small area set for detection but I get nonstop notices for people walking by in the NON detection area. I have changed the sensitivity which helps some but I dont want to have it too low to always detect in the areas I want monitored. The screen shot shows my detection area the red is the area I still get notices from ( Why people have to walk in the road vs sidewalks is beyond me but most people here do.)
IMG_6626.PNG

1 Like

Fred, sorry you are also having problems with your detection zone on the VDBv1. You are not alone.

Some months ago Wyze updated the Firmware to make the VDBv1 compatible with the HMS. When they did this thinks went all wonky. They eventually halted that Firmware update and also the next update that was supposed to fix it. They are working on a fix now.

I posted on this before. See this thread. There are also links there to other topics discussing the same.

1 Like

Well that really sucks…
Could this also be the reason for nonstop package detection? ( my other post) https://forums.wyze.com/t/constant-package-detection-notices-every-3-4-min-all-day/236065

1 Like

Yes… Sucks hard! And for WAY too long!

I replied already to the other post… Yes and no.

You are getting all the notifications because your cam is activating on motion constantly for movement outside the zone… That is a function of the faulty DZ. But, the repeat package notifications will happen even if there is valid motion inside a working DZ.

EDIT: also please note, the doorbell has not yet been updated to the new AI - DZ feature. On the VDBv1, if there is motion within the theoretically functioning DZ and a motion event is activated, the AI Bot on the server will interrogate the entire full frame of the video for AI and tag anything in view. The AI is NOT restricted to the DZ, only the motion activation that sets the process into action.

In the V3 and several other cams, the new AI model has restricted the AI detection to the DZ as well.

1 Like

Thanks I just saw that reply…

1 Like

Could you post one of your events so that we can determine what triggered the event to fire? It would help if you added motion tagging as well.

1 Like

I think the photo amply illustrates why. It looks as if there’s only a sidewalk on one side of the street and, if it’s like a lot of neighborhoods, the existing sidewalk quality might be all over the map with hills and jagged tree rooted pavement and extra cars in driveways and patches where there is grass or dirt or gravel instead of cement and so on. Or they’re walking their dog. So it’s a LOT simpler to just aim at the flat straight roadway and go.

1 Like