No zoom during playback and video obscured by grey film since update 2.6.42

Update created grey film over all playback with LG replay symbol, OBSCURES all footage. VERY UNHAPPY.

4 Likes

This occurs on mine at the end of playback. Are you saying this is happening during the viewing of the video?
If so it’s probably time to Open A Support Request

2 Likes

Not sure if this will help you, but the gray goes away if I give the playback view a quick tap with my finger.

2 Likes

This occurs for me as well. It happens on both of my cameras and only started recently. In addition, I used to be able to zoom in on my playback video and I cannot do that anymore as well.

1 Like

Opened 2 complaint support requests on this

2 Likes

Good-please keep us posted about the resolution!

2 Likes

One thing I found that helps some is , just tap the screen real quick and the grey will go away

Try swipe panning while zoomed. Gray layer toggles on and off.

1 Like

I see it too. It also happens if you move into the SD Cards history where there is a period of no video and a black screen. I suspect that dark screen is messing up the driver software auto brightness leveling. I noticed this when I had to reset the cam 3-4 times to get new events that stopped working after I updated. That created data gaps and dark regions of no video - and the blur/grey.

It’s likely a minor easy to fix bug that just needs to reset their brightness auto-ranging when moving into these dark regions transiently.

1 Like

The tapping technique or the landscape/portrait view change technique does not clear the grey or lower brightness levels once you move into a SD no data area of memory and come back out.

2 Likes

I don’t like the haze either. Okay, I hate it.

Viewing my clip in landscape, between multiple zooming finger sweeps and multiple get-rid-of-the-gray taps, I usually have to play the clip 3 or 4 times before I’m able to fully view what I want to see.

5 Likes

It seemed since last update contrast on playback is changed and I cannot zoom during playback. This has been with all cams so I’m assuming a software matter.

The contrast change (a more hazy look) and lack of zoom makes my reviews difficult.

Anyone else with this issue.

Update: I’ll add, if I take a photo of both hazy playback and Live scene, the photo will then look the same clear picture as should expect, on both. So definitely an issue on playback.

2 Likes

Hi @SheWolf. Could you please specify the app and firmware version you are having problems with?

Welcome to the community, @dasvon. I have moved your topic to this relevant post where it can be discussed further. :slight_smile:

Obviously, the CURRENT ONE, read the multiple complaints

The reason I asked is because current one or latest is subjective depending on when a post is created. Two months from now that probably won’t apply. The more accurate the information is, the better we can help troubleshoot an issue. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OK, pls stop the [MOD EDIT] responses, WE’RE not idiots, problems like grey film covering “Playback” mode, especially in "LANDSCAPE " view, loss of ZOOM while viewing PLAYBACK, glitches galore, BEGAN after recent app update of approx 11/20 . Seriously, will post Negative Reviews for Wyze if this is not FIXED.

[Mod Edit: Post edited to conform to the Wyze Community Guidelines.]

What app and firmware version specifically are you running?

Nooooo, toggling
Wont remove GREY HAZE, no one can ZOOM into PLAYBACK mode either