No notifications on Camera Pan

I’ve enabled notifications on my camera pan, and it worked once. But later, regardless of how I moved in front of the camera, no more notifications! (I showed up once every 10 min, because I know the camera may have a “pause” mode to avoid recording the same event multiple times.)

Something wrong with the Wyze notification server?

The push notifications/ 12 second clips have a 5 minute cool down period in between the push notifications and clips but is it still recording the movement itself? are you using an SD card? if so, are you using the continuous recording or record on event option?

Yes! I’m using a SD card in the continuous recording mode. I thought the SD card and 12s cloud-based clip recording were independent.

And, I could see that the camera was able to detect my motion and track it when I walked and watched the the live stream.

you are correct sir. The notifications work in tandem with the 12 second clips though. not the general recordings. so If my understanding is correct, you will only receive a notification at the quickest interval of 5 minutes apart. its something that has been brought up many time in these forums as a possible security issue type thing but under the current circumstances its the best Wyze can do (financially speaking because of the charges that incur each time there is a notification sent from the servers)

No… I only received one notification ever since I set up the camera. After that,I never received any notifications regardless of my movement, which was clearly captured by the camera. Notification settings are good, and I double checked. I could also receive notifications from other apps, like my Ring door camera.

@ren, We need to distinguish between push notifications and motion events listed in the events section of the app. If you are getting event clips in the Events tab of the app, but not push notifications for those events, then …

There are three places to control push notifications:

1. Per camera in the cameras Settings > Event Recording > Send Push Notification. This can be controlled by the camera owner or shared user and will affect both. This does affect Smoke/CO Alarm push notifications.

2. Globally on an account basis by tapping the bell icon on the top right of the home screen, or using the switch in Account > Notifications. This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app.

3. In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app. This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.)

You can think of the three notification control options as three concentric rings or gates. If the inner gate (level-1, per camera) is closed, no notifications get beyond that level. If the gate is open, then the notification can attempt to get past the next level (level-2, account), etc.

If the event clips themselves are not making it to the cloud, then it might be a connectivity issue. Here’s the connectivity troubleshooting guide:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012903431-Connectivity-issues

If that doesn’t solve it, keep in mind that this is primarily a user-to-user forum. If you don’t get help here from the community, file a support request including log files. That will ensure that the logs are captured. You might want to submit the ticket right away because there’s somewhat of a backlog. You can always let them know it’s already resolved when they contact you.

All of a sudden I received tens of notifications! And all the 12s clips appeared in Events of my Wyze app (they were not there yesterday)… I suspect this was due to some potential issues at the Wyze’s server side?

I don’t think it was because of connectivity issues, because I could live stream my camera and control it using my app. Everything worked except for the event recording and notification. Now it seems fine. I’m able to record motion triggered events and get notifications.

I have stopped receiving notifications on my iPad ( with os 12.2) and my iPhone7. I was getting them for the past3 months and then they stopped. I did not change any camera settings. Has anyone else had this problem? I’m recording to only my sad card.

If your are recording to only your SD card, but don’t have Motion or Sound Event Recording turned on, then you won’t get any notifications. The notifications are tied only to Motion/Sound/Smoke/CO Events which are independent from the SD card.

If you do have Motion/Sound Event enabled but are still not getting notifications, check the bell icon on the home page. It should not have a slash through it, which disables all Wyze notifications on your account.

There are three places to control push notifications:

1. Per camera in the cameras Settings > Event Recording > Send Push Notification. This can be controlled by the camera owner or shared user and will affect both. This does affect Smoke/CO Alarm push notifications.

2. Globally on an account basis by tapping the bell icon on the top right of the home screen, or using the switch in Account > Notifications. This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app.

3. In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app. This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.)

You can think of the three notification control options as three concentric rings or gates. If the inner gate (level-1, per camera) is closed, no notifications get beyond that level. If the gate is open, then the notification can attempt to get past the next level (level-2, account), etc.

1 Like

Thanks for your comment. As I was checking what your email suggested, I found I had set detection for 10-11 AM and I wasn’t in the the area then. Reset for all day and now get notifications. Too many variables that outsmart the installer. I have 4 different cameras and this is hands down the best I have and probably the best on the market. Support is GREAT!!! Recommend it to all.
Thanks again,

Pete Parrino

2 Likes

I have the same problem. When I got by first Wyze Pan, it did send me notifications. However, after a while, I don’t receive any notification anymore. I added the second Wyze Cam, a v2. It does not give me any notifications. I checked everything you said and all are correct. Moreover, the event recording is fine. It’s very frustrating. Do I need the paid cloud service to get the notifications?

currently there is no paid service of any kind with WYZE.

O.K. I figured out what was the problem. It really need the cellphone with later Android installation to make it work properly. Somehow, when I use Amazon Fire tablet to configure and monitor it. It didn’t work. Then I tried to use my S7-Edge with Android 8.0 to configure and monitor it. Everything works fine now.

2 Likes