No motion events

I have not received motion events or notifications in months. All settings are correct. Deleted the camera and reinstalled. Nothing. Deleted the app and reinstalled. Nothing. I now get sound alerts which i dont want but no motion. I switched over to the paid :rage: cam plus and still nothing. These cameras used to be so great. Now theyre just frustrating. HELP :weary:

Welcome to the community @Stelor

Can you provide a bit more info?

• Which Camera’s are you referring to
  • What is your App Version (please include the device you are using)
  • What is the Firmware of the device you are not receiving notifications from
  • Do you have Cam Plus, Cam Plus Pro, Cam Plus Lite, or none

Thanks

2 Likes

Thank you.
V2 CAM (no pan) Android Samsung S20 device. Latest playstore update I have available. The about section of the app says v2.28.2 I do not know how to tell if thats the camera firmware or the app version.
Cam plus.

Here are some things to check related to event recording and notifications:

• Globally on an account basis by making sure the BELL icon on the top right of the Home tab doesn’t have a couple of snoring z’s thru it (or by using the switch in Account Tab > Notifications > Push Notifications).

• Per camera by calling the individual camera up, then Settings > Event Recording > Detects motion (etc).

• Per camera by calling the individual camera up, then Settings > Notifications > Notifications. This can be controlled by the camera owner AND shared user, and will affect both. Also, you need to select which events you want to be notified about. motion, sound, or Wyze AI events if you have Cam Plus.

• Per camera by calling the individual camera up, then Settings > Detection Settings > Sensitivity, & Detection Zone (for motion or Person Detection to occur, something must enter the zone). If the zone is off, the whole frame will be evaluated for motion.

• In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications globally, or from any individual app. This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.) iOS Examples: App: Phone Settings > Notifications > Wyze and Global: Phone Settings > Do Not Disturb (and its schedule).

2 Likes

I just made sure all of those things were done (they were) Rebooted the camera for good measure. Paraded around in front of the camera for an hour lol and still no motion events recorded. :sob::pleading_face:
It has worked wonderfully for the last year. I don’t know what changed.

You should be able to turn off Sound Events in each camera’s Event Recording setting. Motion Events should be turned on there as well.

Is it possible you are filtering events? Go to the Events tab and click the funnel next to the pencil in the upper-right hand corner of the screen. Click Clear All in the upper right corner if available, then Show Results.

I just did it. The only checks I had left there were person and triggered by motion. I cleared all. No events listed. It just doesn’t appear to be capturing any motion at all to create an event.

I just made sure all of those things were done (they were) Rebooted the camera for good measure.
Paraded around in front of the camera for an hour lol and still no motion events recorded.
:sob::pleading_face:
It has worked wonderfully for the last year. I don’t know what changed.

I am experiencing the same! Thanks for the list, Newshound - that was helpful to check. But the problem persists.

Phone: iPhone 11 Pro
App: Wyze beta (should I go back to the regular version?)
Cam: v3

All on latest firmware.