No icon floodlight with cam v3. no floodlight settings. Cam V3 is working

Please help!!! I dont see the floodlight icon ,and i went to setting in accessories > Floodlight > I have one installed. then it says this
“Uh oh…
Something is wrong. Please check
vour WiFi connection and unplug your
Camera and plug it back in before
trying again.”

here is the screenshot of “Uh oh…
Something is wrong. Please check
vour WiFi connection and unplug your
Camera and plug it back in before
trying again.”

Did power cycling the floodlight not fix it? If you have a switch on the light, toggle it for a few seconds. If not you gotta flip the breaker.

1 Like

Agree with Beans , flip the switch and turn it back on , that a quick hard reset . If that doesn’t work , flip the breaker .

And then try adding the device again, choose to add floodlight instead of camera

1 Like

Same issue for me (including the Uh-oh error message). I have deleted and added the “Cam Floodlight”. The device shows installed as a “Wyze Cam v3” under Device Info. It’s like it is only installing it as a Camera and not the Floodlight. Furthermore, the MAC address for this device does not match the one printed on the base of the floodlight.

I fixed this myself. Get your ladder, go to the installed floodlight. Pull out the micro USB cable that is going into the camera. Wait a few seconds. Plug it back into the camera. It’s a very deep plug, push it all the way in. As soon as I did that, my app popped up “New Floodlight Detected” and now all the features in the app are showing. Case Closed.

4 Likes

vanillamack’s reset procedure worked for me as well. Thanks!

1 Like

I can’t unplug the camera. It’s seems to be hardwired. I pulled the cake very hard and it won’t come free at all

Has anyone done all the suggested steps and it still will not connect?

1 Like

Here are the screenshots of what I get.
First I go to accessories and it does say floodlight installed, but no icon on camera shot.
After that it says I need to install a floodlight

I’m having the same exact issue and unfortunately none of the steps above helped.

I opened a case with Wyze but they won’t look into it beyond their basic troubleshooting.

It’s disappointing that several users are running into this but Wyze won’t help.

If it can’t be fixed, I have to replace it.

1 Like

Been having this exact same issue for maybe 2 months now. Reset the breaker and not even 24 hours it went back to not working properly. Just reset it again tonight, left it off for about n hour and it was working properly for a short while now it’s broken again. So over this company. It’s one problem after another

2 Likes

Exact same issue, except it prompted me to update the firmware, worked normally for 1 day then reverted and did not recognize the assessory “floodlight” again! Frustrating!

1 Like

I have the same issue with my driveway floodlight cam. i have the same model for my backyard which works fine. Both updated to the same version, only the floodlight icon appears for the backyard and not the driveway. I tried all the troubleshooting I could find, everything suggested, etc. I chatted with 4 agents that all got disconnected somehow, called Wyze twice, they said they would send me a replacment. After going through those hoops, they said because its outside of their warranty period there was nothing they can do. Thankfully I bought the 2 year warranty from Home Depot, and after showing them proof of purchase,they just sent me an e-gift card for the camera amount. Being an electrician, after I get the new one installed, I’ll be examining this device. It still works for a camera, and the floodlights stay on…ALL NIGHT despite me previous rules for only motion detection. If I find anything that fixes this issue, I will share it. But luckily, I bought the warranty, I may evem upgrade to the Pro version.

1 Like

I have same issue and performed resets, power cycles and cord uplug/replug. I’m confident that the firmware finally broke something with it.

1 Like

Mine, all of a sudden works again, I have no confidence it will last. I did nothing to try to make it work again, but the icon and control just showed up again.

1 Like

I’ve tried everything. I turned power off for the floodlight last night and when I powered it on again the logo popped up and it was working fine for the first time in months. A few minutes later went back to no logo and not working correctly. I’ve tried everything for nothing to work

1 Like

Glad I found this thread.
I have the same issue and tried restart and power off. I’ll try checking the connection a d maybe a full restart and get back

1 Like

Any news on if a firmware update fixes this? I still have this issue.

1 Like

It finally did for me. I think the firmware finally updated sucessfully