New Beta App released, new changes on the camera multiple view

1. No, if a camera is in a group, you will only see it within that group. If it’s not in a group, then you’ll see it at the top level.

2. If the ability to set a default group on app launch doesn’t get done by the time camera groups makes it out of beta, you can submit a topic in #roadmap to request that. Please don’t submit it while the group feature is still only in beta.

2 Likes

I agree with a bunch of the earlier posts. I really miss not being able to expand a group and go directly to that camera instead of having to first go to the group, then the camera. Its extra clicks and if you are watching data usage, it makes you burn through extra data since you are loading multiple streams instead of 1.

Also, I second being able to have cameras as part of multiple groups.

1 Like

Also agree with liking expanding group tab. I only have two cams, but I imagine, if you have a larger group, it can take time to load. And if wanting to check a particular cam after an alert, that can waste time. With the current group function, if I had a primary cam, I would leave it out of a group, so I could get to it directly.

You don’t need to wait for the cameras in the group before you proceed on to the single cam view.

That hasn’t worked for me. Maybe glitch in beta. Usually takes me 2-3 tries before I can view cam. Most times I get a previous alert video, other times bounce back to the group logo on first try.

Makes sense that it should work the way you describe.

I’m not understanding. What does viewing the camera feeds in groups or solo have to do with alert videos?

It shouldn’t. Unfortunately, for me at least, it does. When I select one of the two cams in the group, rather than the live view of the cam, I get an event (used alert above) video instead. I have to go back to the group and reselect the cam a second time and then get the live view expected.

@XRoyHe Sounds like @seasnake215 has found a strange bug in beta.

I’m having a similar situation, I open up the app, choose a camera, I’m, sent back to the home screen. App is still running and I can press the other tabs button and get the screen restored. I then deselect the same cam and it opens fine. I reported it, was told it’s known and fixed problem.

I’m having a similar issue but, it seems to only happen every other time I try to open the single cam view from my exterior group of 4 cams. When I click to select a single cam view I fall back to the app opening screen, When I select the exterior group again and select the single cam view it works fine.

Have a question.

Had the occasion to be deep in the bowels of a small-town auto dealer waiting area. No free wifi. Only got one bar 3G service.

Selecting my “inside” group on the beta app with the beta firmware on my trusty (POS) iPhone, I found that my three v2 camera live view wouldn’t load the live views, just blanked out the three screens after failing to load the camera views.

As soon as I left the auto dealership and got a better signal, everything worked as expected.

Don’t think this is a reportable problem … just an observation.

I was in a crappy reception area, with an old iPhone, on one bar 3G service (a service level I hadn’t seen in ages) …

Anybody else experience this situation?

Since loading this app update, when I select a camera, then return to the home screen, select another camera the app promptly crashes everytime.

1 Like

Anyone else seeing the issue that @seasnake215 has?

danL had similar issues in topic: Beta App released, new changes on the camera multiple view.

When I open the group window, I am able to select and view one of the cameras fine. I then close that individual camera and return to the group window. When I try to open another camera view in the group, the group window closes and returns me to the main app home screen (or sometimes an event alert video).

I’m new in the beta group, how do I download the new 2.2 beta

Generally if you’ve properly joined just go to where you get your “apps” (Google Play for Android) and it shows up there. I don’t know the Apple way.

2 Likes

thanks for reply let me look around again

Should look like this

If it doesn’t show up double check the email you used when signing up for the beta.