Beta App Release Announcement

Update: We just rollout 2.2.19 on Android to fix the Shop empty issue. Sorry for any inconvenience.

We are thrilled to announce that the latest 2.2 is launched to our Beta tester. Hope you will enjoy the camera multiple views, IR light control and other new features from Wyze. Look forward to your feedback. Thank you very much. Here are the release notes:

Note: Due to the audit process of Testflight, the iOS version will come a little bit later. Thank you for your patient.

Android 2.2.18

• Added camera grouping and multiple live streams
  • Added IR light control
  • Added support for sorting and likes in Discover
  • Added Early Access feature in Shop
  • Optimized the log out issue when in poor internet connection
  • Improved aspect ratios for devices that aren’t 16:9
  • Fixed the zoom issue when enabling Hardware Decoder
  • Bug fixes and experience improvements

iOS 2.2.18

• Added camera grouping and multiple live streams
  • Added IR light control
  • Added support for sorting and likes in Discover
  • Added Early Access feature in Shop
  • Optimized the log out issue when in poor internet connection
  • Bug fixes and experience improvements
14 Likes

Yes!! I needed this for one of my cams.

2 Likes

Looking forward to the multi-view live stream and IR control.
After Beta release is there a set number of days of no issues before general release?

Awesome!! Love the multi view!
Thanks and keep up the great work!

Screenshot_20190307-180401

4 Likes

Great job with the camera grouping and multiple live streams. However, if I could make a suggestion, would it be possible to enable it so that in the multiple stream view, tapping on each individual camera jumps directly to that camera’s live stream so you can have access to the Sound/Record/Voice icons as well as other options such as turning it off?

Thanks everyone…!

18 Likes

How are you bringing up the multiple live streaming views per your screenshots? I can’t seem to find a way to view them with this latest beta update!?

Hello @richkut, if you click the three dots it will bring up the menu which has “group products”, after clicking that you’ll brought to set up page.

Here goes a screen record of instructions:

4 Likes

Oooh :smiley:
Just discovered that if you double tap on the feed from one of the cameras, while viewing in landscape, that camera is shown full screen, and would can swipe left and right through all the cameras in the group. I like that!

9 Likes

Yes, some very neat unspoken of features :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very nice! Especially the tip from Caldair.

My only complaint is that a single camera can not be in more than one group.

4 Likes

The feature is still is beta who knows that may be something that could happen.

You could always request it in this beta forum :slight_smile:

Awesome job on the multi stream view! This is a huge improvement!

3 Likes

I’m kind of assuming you’ll know, Once you put a camera in a group, audio functions Are No Longer available.
Only way I have found to get audio functions back is to move Specific camera out of a group

1 Like

I agree, no sound in group view, but I didn’t need to remove a camera from group to access sound & other camera functions. Just close group view & select individual camera from main menu list. Make sure you have group drop down expanded. Depending on your use case, this could be a pain.

It looks to me that group view sacrifices sound / resolution (expanding an individ feed demonstrates that) / camera controls as trade offs for the capability. Not ideal but better than what the app previously allowed.

3 Likes

You can expand the group with the down arrow symbol on the far left, and then select an individual camera.

3 Likes

OK, cool , but That’s not obvious, ( Intuitive ) I guess I didn’t play with it enough

Glad to help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Question re: multi-view live stream … is there a way to temporarily pause one (or more) of the streams, like a Pause/Resume toggle? If one my cams is annoyingly busy, it’d be nice to temporarily pause it’s stream then resume, say, 10 minutes later. Thanks.

My Wyze app is 2.1.27.

Please kindly let me know how I can I get this Beta App

Regards,
Thomass

Check out this link.

2 Likes