My Wyze lock in oil rubbed bronze

Well you got me beat but not by a ton 20 years and it’ll be 21 in July

Congratulations by the way anything over 20 years anymore is a mile stone

1 Like

My wife and I will be 30 years in May. Time flies!

Graduations @raym64. It is a huge mile stone and you both should be proud of it.

1 Like

@Lattimer90
@raym64

Did you guys do any primer or sanding or anything on the door before you spray painted it or did you just spray paint it?

I didn’t. I just gave it a quick cleaning with some 220 grit sandpaper, more of a buff. A primer certainly wouldn’t hurt though.

Has either one of you gotten any scratches?

1 Like

Not yet, but of course nothing but hands have really touched it and even then, just the knob. Actually, I did wipe it down the other day with a clorox wipe.

1 Like

Been almost a week , put on a good coat , no scratches when wiped. Really don’t think it will scratch because only use thumb knob to open & close manually. Might have to touch up in the future like everything else.

2 Likes

Wife painted lock on the door. Did a great job!

5 Likes

That came out really nice. I like mine much better than the silver.

2 Likes

Oh yeah she hated the silver.

1 Like

My question is the keypads going to be silver and it’s going to be much more difficult to paint. I think those of us who went through all these difficulties with the lock through EA should get the keypad at a discount or quite frankly free. But that’s just me

1 Like

I don’t remember exactly what it looked like for painting.
The delay is really annoying though. I mentioned in another post that we early backers paid for our locks in full two seasons ago in the Fall of 2019. Then were were told early February for the keypad and tomorrow is early April. We should get a steep discount at least, especially since the promotional videos when we paid last fall clearly showed the keypad with the lock and all the bugs we early backers found before the public release. Our locks don’t even have the newest firmware yet that apparently went out with the full release locks.

1 Like

Exactly! We did all the work and then they completely forget about us we don’t matter anymore. We paid full price for the lock so that they could fund a production run

1 Like

Just saw this, it looks very good.

Will wyze ever manufacture ORB color lock?

Looks great. That’s what I wanted to see before I buy one and change the color.

1 Like

I painted mine and @cyberdog_17 painted his as well. :slight_smile:

Make sure you use the Rustoleum and a mild abrasive to rough up the surface some. But it did turn out nice.

2 Likes

I just finished painting mine a Matte Black to match my doorknob and I absolutely love it! I sprayed a few coats on mine and it is looking good!

4 Likes