Got the installation done. Updated Firmware. Everything ok.
Here’s my question about scheduling.
I need multiple watering times by zone. In another word, We are using 7 zones, so that may be up to 28 individual schedules.
- Can I do this.
- Could someone give a brief step by step.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
There are 2x options for schedules, Fixed or Smart. The Smart schedule certainly did not impress me at first but I do believe it has a lot to do with the numerous settings in the controller. There are settings for soil type, crop type, sprinkler GPM, etc. So all in all you’d have to play around with those to get it to act the way you want it to, for it to then learn and do the smart thing from there.
Fixed schedules are based on specific times to run and what zones are involved at that time. You can set duration of those zones within that schedule as well as repeat intervals and date restrictions. As far as the fixed schedules go here is how you can set your schedules;
- on the main controller page, click the top right settings cog wheel
- Click on schedules in the list of settings
- Click on create schedule and it should pop up with a option for fixed or smart, select fixed
- Name it
- Second entry field is zones and durations, click that. Mine now pops up with all my zones selected already. If I wish to remove one of them I just hit the red stop icon thats in front of the zone name. This then moves them to the bottom of window under More Zones. From there I can otherwise also choose or add back the zones that are available and not yet selected.
- Once you have selected all the zones you can then set the duration would run in that schedule and hit save. It will close that window and go back to the fixed schedule settings.
- Next click on Days and select what days you want this particular schedule to run
- Next you can choose to have that schedule “start at”, “end at” a specific time. In other words I have one schedule that figures out its own start time based on zone durations and then it ends at sunrise. Meanwhile at sunrise I have a second schedule starting and ending when all its durations are ran. Otherwise you can just choose a specific start time but make sure it doesnt overlap with another schedule.
- Make sure the date range is not selected if you dont wish to use it. For me I have seasonal schedules as well which I set through this date range restrictor.
- select all the skips you wish to use and/or the cycle/soak option.
- Hit save and thats it.
You can make numerous fixed schedules to your liking using as many or as little zones as many times as you want. One schedule to run whatever zones/duration at AM on Tuesdays, another schedule to run zones at PM at whatever duration. Another schedule to run other zones at noon at whatever duration. Another schedule to run zone W & Y & B at sunrise for X minutes, etc
With the Smart schedule though you can only include a zone once. So you either have some or all of the zones in the smart schedule or each zone has its own smart schedule. What I did was pick an odd time (like 2AM) and put all the zones in a smart schedule then. The idea there is that if the smart schedule thinks anything needs more water it will catch it then. So far mine has never ran.
Once you are done with all your schedules you can head back to the main page of the controller. In the top right, next to the settings cog wheel there is a calendar icon. If you click that it will show you blue dots on days that have an active schedule. You can click on a day and review all the schedules that would run that day. Also if there ever are any skips it will have grey dots. From there it will show you what zones got skipped and why.
Let met know if that helps