Motion Detector View

Does the motion detector have 360 degree view or is it just front and center like a horse-eye view?

@WHTheSituationRoom Welcome to the community. Are you referring to the motion sensor or cameras? I assume you are asking about the motion sensor.

The sensor detects objects at distances up to 26 feet and a horizontal detection angle of 120°.

Thank you!

1 Like

You’re welcome. Glad to help.

Additional Info:

The Motion Sensor detect the motion of objects with a heat signature such as people and animals, though it may also sense other warm objects that move (for example, heat coming out of a vent) by sensing infrared light. The sensor detects objects at distances up to 26 feet and a horizontal detection angle of 120°. The range can vary based on where you place it and the orientation.

The sensor is designed to detect at a slight downward angle. For most cases, it’s best to have the Wyze logo facing upright when placing the sensor and mounting the sensor at approximately 6 feet high.

2 Likes

Also, while designed for around 25’ for humans and such, it will sense further if the object is bigger or hotter. So if you are placing it at your front door for instance, make sure it is up under an overhang or turned more than 90 degrees from the street to keep from picking up passing cars and trucks. Heck, if you have a porch ceiling, consider placing it there.

1 Like

I would recommend using the one minute cool down to your advantage. I set it up on one place on my front door. then walked down the sidewalk. found where the limits of its range were directly infront of it.

then I did the same thing to the side of it to see where the “peripheral” vision is. because you can get notified each time it sees something and also when it clears after a minute, within 15 minutes I knew right what its range of detection was.

1 Like

Will try that. Thank you!

1 Like