Mesh or Extender?

Any suggestions on best mesh or wifi extenders to use with Wyze are appreciated.

I can’t tell you what is the best but I can say I got a good deal on a Linksys Velop system and have been using it for a few days and it has worked great. The one cam that had issues being on the edge of my wifi now has a good connection.

1 Like

I have been using Netgear N300 Model Number: EX2700 WiFi Range Extenders for many years, even before Wyze Cam. It is the only consistently reliable method to connect my Wyze Products, Ring Products, Zmodo Products, and YI Products,

I do have a Netgear Orbi RBK22 Mesh WiFi System and it works fine except for anything that is 2.4 GHz only.

Thanks for the suggestions.

My goal is to get the wifi as far out as possible to put a sensor on my mailbox and try it out.

I bought a tri band router and things have been great. Wyze only runs on 2.4 so with a tri band I can put all my cams and such on that band and operate all other devices and computers on the two 5ghz bands.

I would think you would have to mount a camera with bridge unit attached, and then have your mailbox sensor more in direct line of site with that camera.

Because any obstructions and obstacles in between the camera and your mailbox sensor will degrade signal strength or at minimum create interference between them.

You understand the sensors don’t work on WiFi, right? The best you can hope for is to get a camera closer to the mailbox, so a bridge installed in it can communicate with the sensor over RF more easily.

I use Asus AImesh with no issues.