Mark Events In SD Card Playback

not if you use an sd card. the cool down period only applies to the 12 second clips on the events page.

1 Like

I would prefer to have the option of capturing all the movements detected in picture format instead of having minutes of recorded video where nothing happens activated by any change detected by the camera. It takes me forever to review minutes and minutes without finding any activity or any indication of where the movement happened. I would rather prefer to simply have snapshots of all the moments where the camera detected image changes and avoid all video footage where no movement happens. Pictures would take on less space than video recordings on the servers and it would be more useful for a lot of people. Thanks.

okā€¦lets say iā€™m out of state. i got an alertā€¦i check event/recording and found someone suspicious at my doorā€¦how do i stop recording after 30min otherwise the microSD will record over the event if i do not come home til next week? do i go to that recording event and save that portion only to phone ASAP otherwise it will get deleted correct?

1 Like

While playing it back in the app, you can hit the Record button to save it in real time to your phoneā€™s camera roll. Then you have it saved permanently, and it doesnā€™t matter if it gets recorded over.

3 Likes

but if i donā€™t save the video and did not get to it til the end of the weekā€¦that video is gone from my timeline? or can i still go back later on and save to file? OR is it base on my SDcard size?
32gb only save 3days of continuously video? iā€™m little confuse here. Or should i turn off my cam remotely to prevent video event from overwrite?

You could turn your SDcard recording to events only and you will get significantly more time. It will record in 1-minute increments and if the increment has motion it will keep it on the card, if it does not it wonā€™t.

2 Likes

As Jason said, you can switch it to event only SD card recording, which will use less space. How much less depends on how much motion event happens.

Or you could just turn off SD recording.

Or you could save the video to your phone, which you can do from any location, and then youā€™ll have it.

And yes, the time before it starts overwriting depends on the size of the SD card.

3 Likes

Iā€™d greatly appreciate this software improvement!!! :slight_smile:

Yes the event marker feature needs to be added. Serious deal breaker for me.
Will have have to give this camera a 1 star review on Amazon because of this

1 Like

I am just curious why you would give a 1-star review for a feature that is not advertised or offered. They are however researching it based on the title.

11 Likes

This is what it looks like when you are viewing a recorded footage thatā€™s on SD card:

Can you guys make it look like how it does when the footage is recorded onto the cloud or in albums instead? like this:

or this

I think having individual thumbnails is better than a timeline bar.

Individual thumbnails would not work for continuous though, so they probably used the timeline for both to save them from having to do separate interface for events vs continuous on the card.

1 Like

did someone mention awhile back event marker was added to recent update? i dont see it

Yes , but itā€™s still in beta testing right now

1 Like

Hello,

After using your Wyze app for sometime I would like to suggest the following new feature.

Can you add Event Indicator(s) in playback mode? The indicator(s) would appear as red dot(s) in the playback timeline for all of the events that have occurred.

When I review past moments on the timeline it would be great to also know where previous events occurred. The red dot(s) would let me know where to scroll on the timeline so I can review the event(s) when they occurred.

I hope you will consider my suggestion and keep up the great work!

Best regards,
Neil

1 Like

Wow, this is still only in the ā€œresearchingā€ phase?!?!?! I was hoping that it would be in ā€œtestingā€ by now.

1 Like

I thought the badge near your name meant you were in Beta.
Beta v2.6.40 has the feature to jump to an event. So it seems part of it is in testing.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying that, I thought I saw it a while back but then got lost somewhere along the way thinking I did not see it. :expressionless: Glad to know it is further along! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, the release today improved things! Between event only recording and the ability to go directly to Playback from an Event video, this is much better. But Iā€™m not going to adjust this listing since neither solution are actually marking events in Playback. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Because at a minimum a security camera should have that feature otherwise itā€™s almost useless and impossible to find an event in playback mode