Mailbox monitor

The big advantage for me is that I don’t get much mail, so I don’t have to bother checking the mailbox if I didn’t get a notification.

I think this is s cool idea/ use for this. However, I also don’t get much mail, but set up alerts from the post office. They send me an email when I’m getting mail with a picture of what is being delivered.

1 Like

If you are in the US, this helps somewhat: https://www.optoutprescreen.com/

2 Likes

In real estate industry you receive rental and sale agreements, rental checks, sales commission checks, insurance cards and policies. Credit cards. AMAZON DELIVERIES, ETC. Dont want them sitting in the box for someone to steal, Also, dont want to walk out there 3 times to see if mail arrived, so YES- many people have use for a mailbox alert. Works fine in plastic mailboxes, but for a metal box you might have to get a higher powered router, or attach to the outside of the box, and weatherize the tiny holes

In Canada we can put a label on or inside the mailbox that simply says “No Admail” and they won’t deliver anything that is not specifically addressed to the homeowner. With the exception of governmental mail,
aka propaganda… Perhaps USPS has a similar policy that may be on their website.

I found this: Editing Rowan v. United States Post Office Department (section) - Wikipedia

2 Likes

Well, I just got my Wyze today… I am from Canada BTW. And I got those stupid Canada Post’s Community Mailbox. It is 5 house down the road. I try to put it in my mailbox. It sometime works, sometime it didn’t. I guess I am out of luck. Anyone wonder what is this mailbox looked like in Canada. You can see it here… Right now, I really out of idea of what I can put in my mailbox to give me notification…
Your community mailbox | Personal | Canada Post

My Wall Street Journal is delivered daily to my mailbox, sometime in the afternoon. I like knowing when it’s there.

I was going to do that with the window sensors but My mailbox is down the driveway 300 feet from the House to far for WYZE range.