Lost internet, nothing works over wifi?

I’m least concerned with devices with camera because like someone already pointed out, it is tied with the cloud service for revenue. I completely understand this from the business side of things. All I’m saying is that all the other devices that does not and will not need paid subscription for anything should not require internet. Why does plug, bulb, vacuum, thermostat need internet for wifi control? When I started the vacuum with a button, it completed the cleaning just fine and returned to home base. So it must be storing the map info locally. I originally thought it was because the app needed to phone home but since Camv3 works that’s not it either. Wyze is purposely making it phone home when they don’t need to IMO.

So to those who are using the home monitoring, does it even work without the internet or does it route alerts to cloud first?

The answer is a qualified no…local alarm will sound but no alerts and no NoonLight.

1 Like

Wait… so if you are in basement and internet is out, you can’t be notified from door or motion sensor activity?

If you mean an alert from HMS, then no. The local alarm will sound but nothing else will happen. Alerts are dependent upon an internet connection as is triggering an alarm with NoonLight. You won’t even be able to have the contact or motion sensors turn on a light or plug without the internet.

1 Like