Hi, some of my bulbs are making noises when the lights are off. Any idea why, and how to make it stop? Thanks.
Hello @ribogushter and welcome to the community
What kind of noises?
That is very odd. I haven’t experienced any noise coming from my bulbs on or off. Is it a buzzing or humming sound or what?
I’ve heard of this when LED bulbs are being run from a dimmer switch, which shouldn’t be done even when the switch is full on or full off.
I’m sorry about the late reply. I have problems describing the noise (English not first language). It’s kind of quiet high-pitched humming I guess, def not buzzing… Only when the lights are off. There is no dimmer. It’s a plain standing light fixture (see photo). I can’t hear the noise when I’m fairly far from the lights, but when I’m close, it’s maddening (think dogs and ultrasound, or whatever their case is )
might you be able to capture this sound on a small video so you could upload it here for us to hear?
There are a couple of questions here:
- Is the noise coming from all three lights or just one bulb.
- You can check this by unscrewing each bulb, one at a time and see if the noise stops/changes.
- If it’s all lights, can you move the whole lamp to a different outlet, on a different electrical cuircut?
- If it’s one bulb can you move it to a different fixture and see if the noise follows?
- Is the lamp on a switch? Try moving it to a non-switch controlled outlet.
I was finally able to get back to you… Here is a short recording. Actually the system says that new user can’t upload files
Here is a dropbox link:
I will try these steps next. Thank you!
I have increased your trust level, so you can try uploading again if you’d like.
sadly I’m unable to check that link due to security on the computer have access to right now, I’ll try to check it out if /when I’m home
That is a very annoying noise, I am curious as to what the results are from what @zjed posted as that is the same thing I would have you do.
My wyze bulb is doing the exact same sound while off. Any ideas?