Lag in live view and playback from SD card - android app v 2.5.28

Same here, lag in video, slow motion video during playback. Please bring back Hardware Decoder option.

Even if you work around problem by rolling back to previous version or changing to 360p, please also submit official Support Request:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Kinda hassle but helps Wyze understand this is a serious problemā€¦

1 Like

When I go to that APK website my phone says this type of file is harmful. Iā€™ll just keep the new one and hope Wyze fixes the problem.

Now very frustrated- rolled back the app yesterday, everything was copacetic. Wake up this morning, start the Wyze app on my (new) tablet, apparently it updated again last night, despite auto-update being turned off, and Iā€™m back to time-lapse mode which makes the camera completely useless to me. Does anyone do any testing before rolling out updates? Imagine first-time customers bringing their camera home, and it behaves like this. Most consumers will not search or dig for answers, theyā€™ll return the camera and retain only a negative opinion about the company.

Sorry about all the frustrations. The Wyze team is working hard to find a solution to this issue. However, you can prevent all app updates from automatically updating by turning off auto-updates in the play store settings. The down side of this is you will have to manually update your apps. :smirk: It is a solution though for a temporary fix.

1 Like

I had a high opinion of this company until the wyze sense rolloutā€¦that was the beginning of the end. they did one thing and did it well. now they do plugs, bulbs, motion and contact sensorsā€“not particularly well. the camera is the worse thing they do now. I recommended wyzecams to all my family and friends. now I wish I hadnā€™t.

1 Like

Update

2.5.29 and 2.5.30 quickly corrected a couple of flaws. This one is a bit thornier, apparently:

I understand your reluctance, and thatā€™s a VERY GOOD HABIT to keepā€¦ :+1:

Wyze should have rolled back the update in the Google Play Store (for multiple reasons) and then no dangers of rogue APKs

You might try lowering the resolution from HD/SD to 360p as temporary bandaidā€¦

1 Like

Have set them to 360pā€¦ seems just as bad. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon. Thank you.

1 Like

It just crossed my mindā€¦
If losing the Hardware Decoder is the root cause here, canā€™t we just enable Force GPU Rendering under Developer Mode? I mean, it does the same thing essentially.

Havenā€™t really tried since lag on my phone is just a few seconds on my end, but I think it may be worth a try. Instead of installing APK from unsecured sources.

Just my tenner.

I will have to try that on one of my devices that lags and see if it does anything for it.

Hi everyone, for those of you still having video lagging issue, I want to ask you a favor and invite you to test an Android app V2.6.371. It has a toggle to switch between software and hardware decoders on livestream page. We also added more rendering logs if you send us an app log. If you decide to test the app, please let me know if the issue persists on hardware decoder and submit app logs to us.
How do I send app logs?
Android V2.6.371 Download link

3 Likes