Keyboard covering typing in the Forum

Why is it I can’t see what I’m typing in the forum? I have to close my keyboard every time I want to see what I’ve typed. It needs to scroll down but its at the bottom already and won’t move. Only happens in a thread with length. Typing this was ok.

1 Like

Never had a problem, but I understand what you are describing. Here is a test.
Line 2
Line 3
Line 4
Line 5
Line 6
Line 7
Line 8
Line 9
Line 10

The window you type into is scrolling down just fine as I type, but the preview window to the right that has a display of what I am typing only sometimes was auto scrolling. However, there i a scroll bar to the right of the preview window that works fine.

Are you talking about the window on the left where you are actually typing, or the preview window on the right that displays what you type?

2 Likes

Tell us about your situation. What device, what system level, etc

3 Likes

if possible post a screen shot as well as to help visualize what exactly you are seeing.

1 Like

@B_train_98 Are you using a browser to view the forums or are you going through the app? Account > Help & Feedback > Forum?

I remember when I first started, I was using the app to access the community and it had its limits. Loki pointed this out to me that it was best to use a browser and not the app.

2 Likes

I was using the app as I didn’t realize you can use a browser. However I have two screenshots demonstrating the issue. Once I close the keyboard the chat box will appear at the bottom. Samsung S10+

Screenshot_20201004-092848_Wyze|236x500

Screenshot_20201004-092842_Wyze|236x500

I don’t think I have ever used the app to access this forum. However I have used a phone via one of several methods to access various forums. Some work better than others. The core of the issue is simply lack of screen space on a phone in many cases severely limits what you can do on a phone. The pop up keyboard is FREQUENTLY a problem in lots of places.

Wyze is aware that there are some issues with keyboards covering text on certain phone models when accessing the forum from within the app. It is a byproduct of the method used to port the forum HTML into the app. Fixing it is going to depend on a major rewrite of the app interface which will come eventually.

In the meantime, it is recommended to access the forum from your phone’s browser at URL forums.wyzecam.com. You can also access it from any browser in a laptop, desktop or tablet.

If you see the same issue when accessing the forum directly from a browser, that would be an issue with the forum platform provider, Discourse. In that case, it would be best to report the issue at meta.discourse.com in order that they be able to work with you on your specific setup.

2 Likes

I have the same issue, also i cant never attach anything through the app, the button just get gray and that’s it, I use android