Is there a setting to it record human movement ONLY

I have folks dropping off and picking up dogs throughout the day. My Cam misses recording about 75% of those humans/dogs. Yes, it records every so many seconds. I get a lot of leaves blowing and a bug crawling on the window. I really want it to record humans. I sort of have it set the way I thought I should. Do I need to have it do a constant record to capture? When I had it that way before it would still not send me a notification. Hoping the updates might have solved this and I just am not aware of making the magic happen.

There is no setting to only record human movement, there are settings to only notify on human movement ā€˜person detectionā€™, but it will still record all motion as the person detection depends on the motion detection to work.

1 Like

Yes, I have same issue on one camera and another has bushes and constantly goes off. I just have alerts turned off and added door sensors that record the camera when opened. Only real solution.

I was told to decrease sensitivity but I tried 1% (or lowest setting) and even 1% of screen, but then that 1 bug or leaf would cross that part of the screen AND Iā€™d get a false alert. LOL.

I have 5 cameras, 4 door sensors(only true sensor when they do work), 2 pir sensors(also trigger falsely), and 2 electric wifi outlets with no real use other than to use once in a while.

As much as I have hoped for solutions from Wyze, its been more of a novelty than a real world security solution.

1 Like

Maybe if they open-sourced the code theyā€™d ramp up solutions faster!!!

To the extent that youā€™re missing notifications for people, itā€™s probably because of the cooldown period. After the camera records a motion event, thereā€™s a 5-minute cooldown period before it will record another one.

Thereā€™s a premium feature currently in beta testing called ā€œComplete Motion Captureā€ that will remove the 12-second limitation and cooldown period. It hasnā€™t been released to the masses yet, but if you sign up to be a beta tester, you can use that now. Become a Beta Tester ā€“ Wyze. It will be $1.49/month after it launches. I expect that will probably be within the next few weeks.

1 Like