Is my sensor dead?

One of my sensors on my most used door went offline. I saw that the battery was low so I put a brand new Duracell CR 1632 battery in it and went back online. However, it has not recorded any events, the little red light does not blink. I took a battery out of a working sensor to verify if it was a battery issue, but again no events. Deleted and re-added but no dice. The little red light on the sensor no longer blinks. Is this senor dead? Are they any tips to revive it?

Try removing the battery again, cleaning the contacts on the the battery itself and on the sensor battery holder. You can also very gently moving them toward the point of contact with the battery to ensure a good electrical connection.
Also try Power Cycling the cam containing the Sensor bridge.
If none of that works try removing and reinstalling the bridge from its cam.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your response, yes, I had already tried the power on cycle with bridge, without bridge, pulled and reinserted bridge. I did not clean the contacts but I did hold down with my thumb to try to get that red light to blink but no joy. The red light should blink regardless of the bridge on even being paired. I think something broke. I think it’s dead. Do not understand why it broke or if there is anything else I can do to resurrect it?

One of mine stopped working due to a low battery? I put in a brand new battery and nothing but 2 red flashes. Tried rebooting and nothing. Deleted it from the app. Had a spare sensor. Put in the new battery, paired it. Everything works perfect. Threw away the old one. No clue why it stopped working.

1 Like

Hi, @pabreschjr. Have you submitted a support request?

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Submit a Log. This method will allow you to send an app log for diagnosis as well as report your issue. (Note that if you are using a beta version of the app, the log will be sent to the dev team rather than Wyze Support and will not generate a support request.)

Had a similar issue I did a variety of troubleshooting, including removing the battery, removing/uninstalling the device from app, removing/uninstalling camera with bridge from used devices in app, clearing the app cache so on. Eventually I changed the camera I used for my bridge, uninstalled the app itself, updated the firmware for the new camera after uninstalling & reinstalling it, then set up the sensor from scratch & then it worked for me. It was a bit of work but did solve the problem.