iOS App 2.15.41 and Wyze Cam v2/Pan firmware 4.X.6.218 Released! - 11/18/20

Thanks for the addition of the “enhanced” detection zone feature! This is a NICE improvement!
I have not tried it in production yet, just on my test camera, but that is COOL!

2 Likes

This fixed my Cam Plus “No Fragment” error, thanks! :grin: :+1:

3 Likes

I must resist.

The update is gold so far… Thanks Wyze.

2 Likes

Hi @UserCustomerGwen, I’m not sure where to post this. But myself and some colleagues are having issues with the latest firmware update (4.9.6.218). All of our V2 cams are acting way too sensitive, even with it set to 1. They appear to be triggering off of nothing but grass in the wind! All were acting flawlessly with previous version.

4 Likes

Sorry about that! We’re pausing the update to look into this issue. Thanks for reporting it!

2 Likes

Glad to hear, Thanks @UserCustomerGwen
I’m not sure if you guys can looks at the shared content I’ve sent in but they would definitely be good examples.

“pausing the update” so what about all your customers have downloaded this firmware? What do we do? How do we go back? My camera is useless now!

As you can see I’m constantly getting notification videos for areas that I have blacked out. Like I said my camera is useless now

1 Like

I agree with @bluu this new algorithm is useless to me if it ignores the settings / sections selected.

This is with sensitivity turned all the way down as well…
All settings cleared, saved, camera reset.

1 Like

The custom detection zone looks fantastic. I am waiting for the fix.

This ain’t no TinyCam Pro that’s for sure🤦‍♂️

The update detection zones settings are an excellent concept but they are not working for me. I am getting many motion detections from the additional area I blacked out.

You can flash firmware back manually using the instructions here:

And the firmware files found in our Release Notes here:

Sorry about the trouble!

I can see one leaf in the sensing area, no doubt that’s triggering it.

1 Like

hahaha is that all it takes to mess up Wyze firmware? One tiny leaf? I’m over it. Flashed firmware back to previous. Lesson learned. Will not update until at the very least 2 new firmware updates are released.

It’s not messed up, it’s doing what it’s supposed to do. The wind blows the leaf, the leaf moves and the motion sensor triggers. It’s just a matter of fine tuning your black out area.

However, Wyze does need to get their act together in the coding department. And we all know the reason why they are lacking in that area.

Really? Cause you really think I didn’t spend HOURS “fine tuning” MY black out area, reinstalling, restarting etc before I posted or went to the trouble of getting on a ladder, cutting zip ties and ripping double sided tape to get to the back of my camera to insert an SD card to rollback the firmware :roll_eyes:

It is NOT doing what it is supposed to do. other users are having trouble as well and Wyze knows this otherwise they wouldn’t have “paused the firmware” I’m sure I am not the only one that spent time “fine tuning” before posting

2 Likes

You want me to climb up ladders, flash 9 cameras with all that rigamarole, all because Wyze refuses to offer an in-app rollback for their absolute trashy update?

I had planned to buy Wyze 2 cameras to give to family. Guess what? That’s completely out-the-door. I will tell people not to buy and give the reasons.

You’ve screwed the pooch this time Wyze.

3 Likes

I’m getting extremely frustrated with all these false alerts and filling up my memory. What is going on? Is there easy way to undo the firmware update to previous? If not they should have option to so globally through all camera at one time. These updates shouldn’t be automatically pushed. Ty

1 Like