Introducing Wyze Cam Floodlight! - 11/9/21

Good summary, and glad it’s working for you. At the price ($40 or so) the Wassersteins still seem like a good alternate for those who already have an extra V2 or V3. I’m surprised I can’t really find any other makes that include USB output.

1 Like

I looked at the wasserstien and almost went for it till I read the reviews of constant pir issues and build quality issues.

FY I for everyone , I just found that you can unplug the cable end from the PIR sensor on floodlight
( remove the one screw ) and remove the V3 camera but ,at this time the flood light is not sold separately

1 Like

Just out of curiosity what kind of connection is it?
In the pir. Could any v3 cam be plugged in, would it need a different connection type . Such as a pin connector … could you elaborate a bit more

Any V3 camera will work as is , you just need to take off or slide down the rubber boot that comes standard on the V3 .
The connector on the end of the standard V3 cable that goes to the PIR sensor on the floodlight is female Micro USB

Looking to replace back porch light which is controlled by a regular light switch.

I’m thinking of replacing the light fixture with the Wyze Cam Floodlight and replacing the regular switch with the Wyze Switch. Can I then have it so the Wyze Switch is always powering the Floodlight, and if I single tap the Switch it turns on/off the Floodlight?

Apologies if I missed in the previous 190+ comments.

2 Likes

Thank you for asking. That’s exactly what I want to know.

1 Like

I suppose you could do that, but your camera will also lose power when the switch is off, so you will lose viewing and recording capability.

1 Like

Totally agree with you @jbpratt777, but that’s also the point of my question. I can’t really change how the existing light and switch are wired, but I’m wondering if Smart Mode on the switch was made to do exactly that. If it’s a smart switch, I don’t see why it couldn’t keep power to the floodlight camera and programmatically change what the button does. From what I’ve read the mobile app can turn on/off the floodlight, so this should be possible.

1 Like

That’s a good idea! I don’t have one yet to try it out, but theoretically it SHOULD work, using the Smart mode of the switch. That should maintain power to the floodlight, but allow you to toggle the lights on and off.

Turning off the cam part of the floodlight cam in the app turns off the entire flood light…no cam no floodlight function, they sre integrated. Wi-Fi can’t carry 110 volts over the air to the floodlight… think you’re a little confused… you can turn the floodlight “light” on or off in the app

I don’t think they’re the one confused. The Wyze switch is programmable and there is no reason a tap sequence couldn’t toggle the lamps on the floodlight.

Maybe i am. But to switch question…Yup that seemed like a given obvoius… should work…

That would be great if you are able to get the switch to work that way. Please let us know as I’d order the switch for my floodlight cam as well. Thanks in advance!

Yea, was hoping someone or Wyze could answer this question ahead of time. @jbpratt777, I ordered both with the hopes that it will, else I’m not sure it’ll meet my use case. If it works this way, I’ll let you know. It’ll just be a while since I just ordered from wyze.com.

App shop says Wyze Cam Floodlight $84.99, add to cart, cart shows $94.99. WHY?
Interesting is that the shop on the website correctly lists it at $84.99 in the cart. S&H is different between them also, App shop shows $5.99 S&H.

Yeah, saw that too. Thought they were looking at the high shipping costs and giving people a break. Oh well! :question:

In the video, the camera on the floodlight wouldn’t set up so he removed the camera and replace it with another V3.

it is a little tricky to get the end of the connector through the hole in the support arm of the PIR sensor to remove the whole camera but if you get it at a little angle it will slide through there

1 Like

Yes, and lift the camera up, and use the cable channel below it for good measure. :slight_smile:

1 Like