Ideas for a Wyze portable power station / battery backup with solar charging

Portable battery backup with solar panel connectivity.

As the world changes, we must adapt and with more and more natural disasters happening sometimes entire cities go without power.

Create a large capacity battery. One that can keep a fridge or a small heater running for 2-3 hours. enough to stay warm and to be able to recharge the next day via the sun.

Chain batteries and solar panels for higher charge rates and larger capacities, in turn, more watts.

I am not talking phone chargers or cheap solar power banks. This is something to take camping and play video games in the forest, ha! Or getting your suburban home less reliant on the grid and can save money on energy…especially as cost increase.

Thanks and vote this UP!!!

Mod Note: Title Edited to Enhance Search Clarity.

I don’t want the standard solar panel. I want one with the battery built into it. So no matter what I want to plug into it is good to go. Pan and scan in the shed? No problem. Want a camera pointed at the house? Go ahead.

1 Like

Would love to see Wyze develop some sort of power bank/battery along with a solar panel that could keep the V2 and V3 going day and night with no need for an outlet.

1 Like

Now that we a Solar panel for Outdoor Cams, why not a solar panel for V3 cams
except V3 solar panel would have the rechargeable, and replaceable battery inside since V3 cams don’t have batteries
V3 is the best Cam Wyze make let make it even better

2 Likes

Got my vote on this. I need an easy way to power my Wyze 3 cameras outside. Looking for a solar panel that houses a reasonably sized battery that can power a Wyze cam 3.

Is there anything out there that anyone has tried that isn’t made by Wyze? I’m thinking if I got a 20,000 mah battery, connected the Wyze 3 to it, connected a solar panel with the appropriate cable out, and put the battery in waterproof housing - that might work as long as the battery could keep power on always. But I wish there was a panel that already had a battery in it that I could just connect to the Wyze cam 3. I noticed some solar panels like this made for hunting cameras, but their batteries seem to be low mah…

I have all my Arlo and Ring cameras powered by Wasserstein panels and haven’t had to change batteries at all for months.

2 Likes

Would that work?

Ha ha, I ordered one just like that, but the solar panel didn’t really do much - didn’t actually charge the battery at all and would overheat. But hey, maybe that’s just the one I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081C5TY2J/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_B0MC4MQV7DF3KS8ZXXJA

Solar Power Needed For Wyze Cam V3

Can you please make a solar panel for the Wyze Cam V3. We have a couple outside that work great and solar would be so handy,

2 Likes

Please make the solar panel work with the Wyze Cam V3

Hello,

Any hope of the solar panel being able to support the Wyze Cam V3 please?

Thanks

2 Likes

For people with properties they only visit about every 6 months or more you need a solar charger that can keep the camera battery charged all the time. Otherwise your camera dies after a few weeks and you have nothing so it is useless.

1 Like

Wireless outdoor power bank

Create a wireless outdoor power bank. Like the outdoor camera, the wireless outdoor power bank can power lights anywhere. Would be very helpful for outdoor decorations to avoid power cords across walkways.

Solar Panels

I wish that the solar panel which is only compatible with the Cam V2 Outdoor would also be compatible with the Cam V3 which is Indoor/Outdoor. I mean they all require a 5v DC connection which the solar panel provides.

Makes no sense.

3 Likes

As long as they use ONLY LiFePo4 batteries with the grade “EVE” or “CATL” and not some chepo Li-Ion batteries like they did with their Wyze Cam Outdoor units.

There are a multitude of manufacturer’s that make these “Solar Battery Generators” and many are still using Li-ion technology, Only a few have moved over to LiFePo4 technology which has more than twice the life of Li-ion and is Not Flammable :fire:

It makes sense. The Outdoor cameras have a battery, the V3 doesn’t. So the V3 would die at sunset and be wildly intermittent just before.

Battery or Solar for the new Pan V3 outdoor camera

I would love to place this in the yard without having to supply power via plug in!

3 Likes

Solar panel for Cam Pan V3

Please make a solar panel that is compatible for the new outdoor Cam Pan V3

2 Likes

You also need the entire chain - a wireless router and some way to get to the internet.
So
Camera
Solar panel
Battery bank w/ charge controller
Mobile “hot spot”/router.

At that point the low end, cheap camera becomes a small part of the system.

2 Likes

Solar panel for OG cam & pan v3 cam

Could you please make a solar panel that is compatible with the new OG camera and the new pan V3 camera for outdoor use?

2 Likes

Yep. Self contained solar/battery combo to power v3 - please save me a lot of electrical wiring to difficult spots.

Agreed. I went to purchase several v3 cameras today with the thought that they would be compatible with the solar panel… :pensive: