I want to be able to put a v3 camera outside of a door and connect it to a tv or monitor right inside of the door without having to pay a monthly fee

I’m not saying anything, Just replying to Nes88 post. I know you want to do this for cheap, and in my opinion the cheapest way is to Screen Mirror the darn thing. That’s how I do it, but that might not be the best solution for you. Unfortunately, Wyze does not have a Smart TV app, I doubt it will ever have as the demand for it is really low in eyes of Wyze. After all, just like any other business, they are out to make MONEY.

so you saying i would need to get two fire sticks then being we will have two monitor/tvs at each door. so the cost is the two v3 cameras, two monitors, and two fire sticks, and possible two wall mounts for tv’s

Essentially yes. Each non-smart “dumb” TV needs a Fire Stick…

BUT… if you are going to buy the TV, look into buying a Smart TV from the get go and doing away with the Fire Stick add on. I would only do the Fire Stick if you already have dumb TVs you want to utilize.

Small Amazon Smart Fire TV’s are probably cheaper than a small dumb TV w\ a fire stick. Right now (limited time sale) you can get a 24" Smart TV with Amazon Fire TV OS for under $100.

1 Like

One thing to note though, even if you go to all the trouble of trying any suggestions the “Live View” is not always a live view…

I have seen anywhere from a couple of seconds to 25 seconds of delay on a live feed on a tablet or smartphone. And this is while being on same WiFi network.

Also the “Live View” running in application will crash every now and then and need a few clicks to bring it back to the live view.

You would be far better off getting a system that meets your needs rather than jumping through hoops to accomplish the same.

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-att-us-rvc3&sxsrf=ALiCzsaPsaUY-fIIedtX7QPH-lFdQop80g:1671381894538&q=wireless+door+camera+with+monitor&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwijhe7gzoP8AhUnNkQIHQH0C80Q0pQJegQIDRAB&biw=412&bih=775&dpr=3.5

1 Like

Here are a couple of thoughts on the OP’s situation. Mounting the v3 outside the door leaves it open to vandalism or being stolen.

Wanting no monthly fee means only using Cam Plus Lite which is limited to 12 second clips with a 5 minute cool down. Even with a Micro SD card, if the v3 is broken or stolen there goes the SD.

The best alternative might be to put video security signage outside and mount the v3 inside (possibly in view from the outside).

The OP’s intent is for anyone inside the building to be able to see if anyone is on the other side of the door to be sure it is safe to exit.

CamPlus and CamPlus Lite only entered the discussion for the sake of streaming via Wyze Web View which is available only to CamPlus, a subscription the OP wants to avoid.

The Live Stream is the important feature. @bryonhu has pointed out some relevant and significant drawbacks to streaming it thru Alexa. The only more stable stream I have found is by using TinyCam loaded onto that same Linux\Android TV OS… Which I have not done.

Good point. I was thinking more along the lines of avoiding break ins. I hate to say it, but a standard NVR would perfect for this need.

1 Like

Man, you are hard to please… Cut a hole in the door and install a window!

1 Like

I don’t know how you could get much cheaper than a spare old phone running the Wyze app and a video adapter cable from the phone to the TV.
Heck, you don’t even need a TV, you could use an old computer monitor. If the monitor had an HDMI input, it’s really easy with an HDMI cable compatible with the phone. It can even be done with old VGA monitor as well. I have an old monitor in my basement by my workbench that I use a Firestick and a HDMI to VGA adapter so I can watch a little TV if I’m working on something down there. If it ever dies, I’ll just buy a cheap TV, but I already had the monitor and speakers and used it for something rather than throwing it away.

I just want to have the camera to a tv, this is not for me its for others so it reallly needs to be running all the time. so if i get a tv with a fire stick then i can connect that to the wyze camera or do i need alexia as well set up in the builting?

and does tiny cam cost money?

The Fire TV Stick already has Alexa loaded onto it and integrated into it’s operating system. No additional Alexa equipment or install is required. You will be required to set up an Alexa account and link the Wyze Skill, but there is no cost or subscription for this.

Please review @Antonius post above though, as Alexa streaming of the cams is not perfect and Amazon Alexa is having some business model issues right now.

TinyCam has both a free version and a Paid Pro version. The pro version is very inexpensive and is a one time charge, but the free version will work for you if you don’t mind ads.

http://tinycammonitor.com

1 Like

do you need Tinycam to then?

It’s up to you. Since it’s free and able to be downloaded into the Fire Stick, it might be an alternative you want to consider if the Alexa stream isn’t stable enough for you. A plan B so to speak.

As I posted earlier, you can connect an analog security camera to the tv just using cables and a bnc to rca adapter…and you can get the camera cheaply.

4 Likes

ok then sounds like we have a plan, thank you all for your input. I will let you know when i have it up and runnning.

do you have any links to what i could get to do this?

1 Like

These are only examples and I have no first hand knowledge of them:

camera:

Cable and rca adapter:

power supply:

2 Likes

That would certainly be the most reliable way to do it. Simply turn it on and forget it with no WIFI to worry about.

2 Likes

ok so that camera can hookup right to the tv then i am guessing?
ok i was looking at this and this needs a dvr hookup to work " It must be used with 2MP surveillance DVR." but thanks for the help