I have a Wyze Cam v2 camera that cannot be turned off

I have a Wyze Cam v2 camera that cannot be turned off. When I try to turn it off from the list of cameras it seems to turn off until you refresh the list and see that it is still turned on. When I try to turn it off by accessing the live-stream, it hangs for a while and then says “Operation Failed”. When I try to unplug it, and then turn it back on, it will immediately turn itself on. If I try to reset it, and go through the steps of adding back into the app, it will be turned on as soon as it becomes available.

Has anyone experienced this? What is going on?

1 Like

What actual firmware version is on the camera? What actual app version are you using? Have you tried moving the cam closer to your wifi source for troubleshooting?

I am using the RTSP firmware. I have never had an issue with it before. I will try moving it closer to the Wifi source, but it is a pretty strong gaming router.

Try to restart it through the app. Since the last update that is broken for my three v2 cameras.

2 Likes

I had this too - several times. It goes away after I unplug everything (inc router) and boot back up. I think it may be due to sketchy network/wifi connectivity…

All 3 of my v2 cameras are back to their old habits like before the firmware update.

1. when viewing the list of cameras on the main page of the app, all 3 of my v2 cameras show they are offline. If I select a camera, I see a live stream.

2. when attempting to restart any v2 camera through the app, an error message appears that states ‘failed’

If I power cycle the cameras, they are ok for a bit.