How does 3x telephoto work?

How does telephoto on the Cam OG Telephoto work? Is it something you select and deselect in the Wyze app?

Is there a way to automatically and continuously turn telephoto on and off at some interval, like 1 minute, and store the results on the SD card?

If there is a web page or article that describes all this, please point me to it, thanks. It’d be really helpful if I could figure this stuff out before blowing more $$ on another cam that might or might not do what I need.

I believe the OG telephoto is a fixed 3x cam, one view which is why may be frequently used with a regular OG cam. Some quick info.

4 Likes

Absolutely correct. When you open the camera to view the stream it is already zoomed in as the view, in comparison to the OG-S. You can then double tap on the feed or two finger pinch to zoom in even closer. Picture quality is great.

3 Likes

Ah, OK. So you can’t switch between 1x and 3x, it’s always 3x. I didn’t realize that. That would work if the barn was the only thing I wanted to monitor, but I also use this to keep an eye on the back yard and back of the house. So I guess full time 3x won’t work.

Thanks for the heads-up. :slight_smile:

I think the main idea was to use the OGs as a pair. The OG-S (1x) as your overall view, with the OG-T (3x) as a zoom for some portion of that view, or something else nearby.

You can get a dual mounting kit and splitter cable to accommodate this sort of pairing.

2 Likes

I’m annoyed, they didn’t explain that at all when they sell you these cams.