How do you delete video clips from the SD card?

I know that I can format the SD card to delete the entire contents of the SD card. And I know I can delete individual recorded events from the cloud.

But how do I delete individual recordings from the SD card without wiping the whole card clean? Where is this option hiding?

Remove the card and put it into a computer and delete the one minute segments that cover the event you want to disappear, or let it record over that event. Depending on your sd card size and footage settings, that could be a day or so to alot more.

2 Likes

I know I can take the card out, put in another device, and then delete the files that way. However, that is not an elegant solution.

Also, I know that if I wait long enough, the files will eventually be erased, but that’s totally different than deleting video clips.

Are you saying the app does not provide a way to delete the files the device creates? Wyze does some good stuff, but I’ve never in my life heard of a digital camera that doesn’t allow you to delete the files it creates. This has to be a first! :thinking:

Just format the card like you mentioned. That’s the only manual way the app allows you to actively delete what’s in the card at this time.

1 Like

I can understand Wyze not have a way to delete individual clips.
There wouldn’t be very many times anyone would ever need to delete one clip.

1 Like

I want to delete individual clips, not all clips.

As long as people have these cameras in their homes, there are lots of times people might want to delete individual clips.

Another reason is that you want to ensure some clips are preserved and not over-written by new clips. So to make room on the card for new clips, without deleting the clips you want to save, you have to be able to selectively delete clips.

Another option is to allow people to lock specific clips so that they aren’t overwritten, but I don’t see an option to do that either. SD card file management does not exist, but it should.

If you want to save a clip download it.
Hoping that it doesn’t get overwritten on the SD card is going to lead to disappointmrnt.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I don’t know this either, thank you for your answers.

Choose the event you want to delete…begin viewing it…hit the trash can lower right on screen…clip gone… Tedius but effective…