Help! Wyze Cam v3 keeps turning ON

I have the same problem. I try to only turn the camera on when it can access WiFi, and turn off mobile data, but it comes on automatically, and it’s eating up data minutes.

Almost a solution. I found the schedule option under the heading Create Rules (NEW). I had a turn on time set but no turn off. Couldn’t delete it. It asks to “cancel” or “discard” when you try to make changes and exit. I finally just set it to come on 1 minute one day a week.

Well, it’s still going on now, in October 2022. My v.3 cam running 4.36.9.139 keeps turning itself back on. I don’t have any rules set in the app other than a couple for our living room lights. I set this up in my kitchen primarily so I can monitor the readouts on my appliances and listen for timer and thermometer alarms. (And we, too, like to keep tabs on the kitty when we’re away :joy::orange_heart:.)

While we were on vacation, I set it to notify for motion and label AI-triggered events, but shouldn’t all those functions be disabled when the user turns the camera off at the main list of devices? I would think that would just be part of the hierarchy within that one device.

It’s a little confusing which functions can be set globally and which are per-device.

Update: I just turned all those AI-triggered notifications off and so far I haven’t had a notification from that cam. But I shouldn’t have to drill down to that level and disable that stuff when at the top-level control, that cam is turned off.

Point One: Be happy that your camera doesn’t freeze.

Solution: Buy a Wyze WiFi plug, put it between the outlet and the camera, and then use the WiFi plug to turn your camera on and off.

Point Two: I have ten cameras at two houses, and they all get a Wi-Fi plug.

Point Three: I am thinking about a way to have one plug control multiple cameras. Four bucks is not a bad price for a surefire solution.

Question One: Does anyone know how I could use a WiFi plug to power cycle my cablemodem at home when I’m away, and it hangs? It doesn’t quite die, but I can’t fix it unless I’m there or I can get someone to come over.

Answer to question 1. Set up a RaspberryPi to keep an eye on internet connectivity. Suppose it detects loss of our internet connection. In that case, it will sound the alarm, which will probably have to be attached to the RasPi because my Alexa/Echo boxes need the internet, then it will tell the WiFI plug on the cablemodem to turn off and then turn on. My internet providers tell me to turn off the router and the master node of my mesh network, Count to ten and turn the network node back on, and then the cablemodem.

Question Two: Is my cablemodem about to fail? If it is, I will get a new one. I bought it to avoid paying monthly.

Sick and tired of camera coming on by itself, prepair lawsuit

I have a v3 webcam that turns on after a minute after being turned off.

I had set a rule to turn off for a few hours.

Has this been resolved? I can easily add a power plug to “really “ turn it off/on.

No it has not been resolved, I bought a new card. I’m convinced someone is turning it off and on. I will be canceling the subscription

Can you Post a screenshot of your rule, and make sure all actions are included in the screenshot? What does your rule history show for the time when you turn the camera off? How many rules have you created?

I turned off all rules but one. It occurred. A minute later it is back on.

It only happens on 1 camera that is inside. All other cameras are not around people (working remotely).

I have Alexa. I was thinking this could be waking it back up.

I might setup a test playing back the sdcard in front of another camera to see if it is espionage since previous person is convinced it is. Could be. Anyone have fake corporate meetings on AI works in progress?

Another test might be to disconnect upstream after turning it off? See if it pops on.

Is this happening to the “backyard from south v3”? How are you turning off the camera? You do have the option to email security@wyze.com if you think something nefarious is going on and those folks can look into it.