Hairy Woodpecker Looking For More Suet (edited)

UPS finally came today with more suet cakes so he will be happy now. The grackles finished eating the last suet cake early this morning.

Female Hairy

8 Likes

Cool patterns.

Do you think you may have been a bird in a prior existence? Serious (if off-the-wall) question. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just put the 4th cake in my feeder, It is getting heavy use from a pair of downys, chickadees and nuthatches. With sparrows landing on it and giving it a go.

3 Likes

You are hilarious Peep. :rofl: No, I don’t think so because I don’t remember ever existing prior to my human birth.

3 Likes

They can sure go through those suet cakes in hurry. Mine will only last 2 or 3 days at max. The new cake I put up last night a bear got into it and finished it. :person_facepalming:

3 Likes

Do you reckon @AnnWithAPlan was? :wink:

3 Likes

I think if I ever caught a bear on one of my cameras, I’d be creating a very different kind of “cake!” :rofl:

3 Likes

I’m sure Ann can answer that. Lol :grin:

It will be his last cake. :laughing: I’m taking all the feeders down at night from now on. We’ve lived here 23 years and it’s the first time I’ve seen a black bear in my yard. He slightly damaged one of my feeders in front of the living room window but not bad. It was up too high for him so he must have gave up on it. It’s almost 6 feet off the ground.

2 Likes

Bahaha maybe!

2 Likes

Female Hairy found the suet this morning. Also got a recording of her call as well.

4 Likes

Cool. And look at all those feeders with happy :bird: :bird:.

3 Likes

I’d ask @TomG but I’d just see Cheech & Chong again. :wink:

@mvb, what say you? You’ve got your nose in birdz bidness. :grin:

4 Likes

Only as much as they show me at the feeder. :wink:

2 Likes

GREAT! Now I’m going to have to keep a watch out for bears now, While Wisconsin has about 24,000 bears in the state, the vast majority are “up north.” But, I just saw a video of someone who spotted a bear on the outside camera (not a Wyze) within about 15 miles of my house. :astonished:

1 Like

You may have a visitor soon then so watch your bird feeders.

This is the first time I’ve had to deal with a bear. My neighbor captured one on her Ring cam a couple years ago that lives about half a mile from me, and I figured I would be dealing with one sooner or later. I captured this one on my Ring cam as well. It was around 2 am this morning when it was roaming around my yard.
bear

1 Like

My brother lives in rural N.Y. state and he has a frequent Black Bear visitor who knocked down his birdfeeder, three times last week. He usually takes the feeder indoors but if he has to respond to some issue he forgets = Birdfeeder on the ground again. :joy:

1 Like

That would get old and frustrating for sure. It’s easy to forget sometimes. I’ve always tried to remember to bring in my bigger feeders because the raccoons knock em down and break them. I have Alexa to remind me at dusk or I would forget too. But now it looks like I’m going to have to bring all the feeders in since smokey bear has found them. :sweat_smile:

I think in this case, it is most likely Yogi Bear.

1 Like

Well I hope Yogi doesn’t bring his family with him next time. I can’t afford feeding bears and birds. :rofl:

1 Like

My dad’s nickname for me was Boo-boo haha.

4 Likes