Greater Control Over Detection Zone Shape

I agree and would appreciate this versatile feature.
Either of these methods would be great…customizable shape or grid system.
Please implement this feature as it would limit unwanted push notifications, easier for Wyze and Users!

It would be super great if in the Detection Setting- Detection zone, the selection can be more flexible instead of having a box selection to have the ability to draw the selection which will make it much much more workable and thats because using the current selection box is kind of make it impossible to select out for example a tree as you will be obliged to eliminate other areas or if the area is not straight you won’t be able to select properly.
Thanks!!

When using Cam for outside,

Something, as attached photo, would work. Able to shape the detection box or several detection boxes with more than 4 points.

1 Like

This is my number one feature request! I love my Wyze cam but the detection zone is severely limiting. Being able to draw in the area or have multiple box zones would be so amazing.

This would be super helpful for the users to have to deal with less false alerts, and for Wyze to take up less cloud space with useless for the user events.

i’d really like to see a change in the way we outline the detection zone. would be WAY more beneficial if each corner of the zone grid moved independently; i could easily cut out the movement from cars on the street, but still keep almost all my yard in the zone.

HUNDREDS of requests from over a year and a half ago??? and there’s no progress???

1 Like

Number of votes isn’t all they take into account.

3 Likes

+1 I agree with everyone above. The detection zone should be a rectangle but rather a free form shape that can be drawn.

1 Like

How about making the detection zone able to conform to more than just a square? Giving the ability to make oblong shapes and circular patterns.

2 Likes

And multiple zones too, please,

1 Like

That’s right. Not as much money in rolling out fixes and updates. More money in additional product lines!

1 Like

no lie!

“instead of wasting effort on making what we got more reliable, let’s sell light bulbs! yes, i know everybody and his brother already does that, but we’ll make more money!”

2 Likes

Allowing users to make a polygon detection zone, rather than the currently available adjustable square/rectangle would facilitate users being able to more accurately define the zone they wish detection to occur in. Also, having the ability place two or three of these poly detection zones means that a user could omit a particular area if needed, but select all/most areas around the omitted zone.

2 Likes

I would be fine with adding additional boxes that could overlap one another. Maybe a maximum of 3 would suffice? But even 2 would do well for me.
They wouldn’t have to be “zones”, but I could see where that would be useful to have turned on too (“Driveway Zone 2 motion detected”.)

I have my camera at an angle to the street, pointing out my front window toward my door. This makes every part of the image not conform to a square, and makes the detection zone VERY tiny at one end, and wide at the other. I’d really would prefer to be able to rope zones for detection, not just one rectangular zone. Please make me happy. :wink:

1 Like

If camera memory is a problem to do this, would it be possible to use the memory required from those with a SD card in the camera? E.g., Then just tell the user, for this feature to work, the camera needs to have a 32Gb card in the camera.

It should be great if we can just draw the detection zone and not just put one square. Its difficult when u have one tree in the middle of the place . It should be great to have this option or at least selection 2 square ! :smiley:

2 Likes

A 16x16 grid approach would be ideal. Amcrest method

1 Like

Ceiling fans and TVs which are on are causing lots if false triggers. We need some exclusion zones!

2 Likes