Google Home link available, integration doesn’t work

Did you get an answer? I can only reproduce the problem on Google Home on iOS.

Yeah, Wyze said that they worked with the Google home team and found the problem is in the Google Home app and they are working to fix it now. I expect it should be fixed in the next Google Home App update. :crossed_fingers:

Thank you @carverofchoice Crossing fingers on my side too :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

An update on Google Home and my Outdoor plugs and cameras. There is another user in my household who had Wyze Home showing 11 devices in Google Home services, and was logged in on my Wyze account. Somehow this blocked me from relinking Wyze Home to my account, even though I was the original user who set up all the devices. Why Google Home blocked me (the primary accountholder) is a mystery.
I unlinked the other person, and was able to relink to Wyze Home, and add all my plugs and cameras on Google Home. I can now see live video and voice control my plugs using Google Home.
I hope this info helps others confounded by Google Home integration.

Interesting! That is good information to know. It may be something we’ll have to have passed on to Google Home if people continue to have struggles after they fix the problem they already found. Thanks for sharing that.

I am having the same issue. Have an Iphone 14pro max, using Google Home, and have 8 Wyze Cameras, ranging from V1 to the newest Wyze Pan Cam.
I am unable to view live feed of my Wyze cameras on Google Home app or Google Chromecast devices. I am successfully able to tell if a Wyze camera is not connected or powered on via the Google Home app. That indicates to me that the issue is just streaming via the Google Home app.
I have tried to Unlink Wyze as advised, and set up 2 factor authentication, and relink, i did this 3 times. Ensuring I am closing both apps after each step. And issue persisting.
I have also done a factory reset on my home wifi router, and also disabled the Simultaneous Dual Band, issue is persisting.
Any other recommendations?

1 Like

I fixed the issue by turning off the VPN on my eero router. I’ve found that VPN’s cause a lot of issues like this. It would be nice if we could use VPN and still have device/app functionality! I’m guessing that there is a way if anyone wants to chime in.

I setup all my Wyze bulbs, camera, thermostat etc on my phone over the past couple of years. And I shared all those devices with my wife. She has her own Wyze account. Around the 1st week of October 2023, we noticed the voice commands no longer worked. Since then I tried everything i could think of to correct this issue and nothing worked, until today! I was able to use my wife’s Wyze account on her phone and relink Wyze Home. Now voice commands work through Google and all devices show up on my phone in Google home. Such an easy fix, I don’t know why I hadn’t tried this before.

I am still having the issue.

1 Like

What Wyze devices do you have setup on your Wyze account? There are some that aren’t compatible.

I had this same issue again. Normally I just reconnect Wyze Home in my Google Home app. This time I had just added a new Wyze smart bulb and an hour later I could not control anything Wyze related in my home via Google Home.

I then noticed Wyze Home was not listed as a connected app in my Google Home app. I tried to reconnect the Wyze Home and got the generic error of not having any compatible devices from Google Home. I could even see the Wyze Home connection for each device flash off as I checked their gear-status in the Google Home app (weird). This was really strange, and maybe a Google issue and not Wyze as all Wyze devices worked fine via the Wyze control app.

To fix this I had to use my wife’s Google Home app (we share our Google Home from her Google Home account) and I reconnect via her Google Home app. Everything now works, but I still do not see Wyze Home listed in my Google Home app, but she has it listed. Meaning we only see Wyze Home listed on my wife’s instance of the Google Home app and not mine anymore. Very odd.

Also, Wyze support was clueless and only questioned that I have owned their products for years, that Google Home had ever worked for me, and then they wanted me to reset my 20+ Wyze devices and start over. They were a real waste of time!

They advertise the cameras as “works with Google”. It is a scam. After trying so many times, it is crystal clear there is no integration. I have Google hubs and nest cameras for at least 4 years. I feel stupid and also feel sorry for everybody here wasting so much time…

My most benevolent speculation is that the commercial department (in charge of promotion and ads) appears not to talk to the R&D department who I’m sure are well aware of the lack of integration. And make no mistake: they make money selling more cameras with this false advertising, by making people believe cameras integrate with Google home.

Is anybody up for a class-action lawsuit?

2 Likes

I purchased the V3 last week and I’m running into the same issue. Is this only affecting newer models?

I bought it mainly for the integration with my nest hub so I could monitor the kids as they play in the backyard.

Really not impressed with the fact that there is no mention or fix on the horizon.

1 Like

Interesting turn of events but my v3 camera is now functioning in my Google home. Only thing I did differently is that I activated the free month of cam+ over the weekend and today it’s working. Anyone elses functional?

none of my cams work on Google Home app yet for iOS in Canada. I have contacted Google support and have heard nothing back from them re: them working on it. As per my previous posts, my plugs & lights work fine so I am connected (linked). but stream is a no go…

I’m in Canada and wondering if this has something to do with why I can’t get any of my Wyze cameras V3’s or OG to connect to my Google home screen to view them.

All I can do is view them on the Wyze app on my iPhone.

But I was hoping, and I was planning to be able to view them all on my Google Home screen in the kitchen. But every time I try to view them, it says “can’t reach this camera”

I’ve tried removing and reacting all of them. I’ve tried to factor, I’ve tried racing my account and creating it again. I’ve tried indirectly using different apps to access it through Google. I’ve tried voice recognition to get it to show up. I’ve tried every tip and trick I can find on every forum.

But nothing works.

Super frustrated as I went headfirst into Wyze because another friend of mine who is in Canada, also had them all working really well with Google home. And didn’t have any problems whatsoever when you set his up three years ago.

Ugh!!

I’m in the US and also have this issue, on both my Android phone’s Google Home app as well as my Google Nest Hub Max display. Today I chatted with a Wyze support agent. She had me generate log files and send them to her via the Wyze app. She said the engineering team would use them to investigate the issue and release a firmware update.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with my google home connection, everything works fine with the switches, lights, and plugs, I can even turn on and off the cameras, but I cannot get them to stream to the Google Hub or to any chromecast device, not even on my phone. Streaming works fine on the Wyze app. This is getting to be very annoying since I was trying to automate the door bell camera to show on Google hub when the doorbell button was pressed. Wyze should be working more on this.

1 Like

Same issue with the V3 here. I have a Wyze doorbell Pro that works fine & another V3 that works fine. One thing I haven’t heard from others is in the Google Home App (on my Android phone & Google Hub) under devices the offending V3 is a different color icon. All my devices are a black box, the V3 with the issue is blueish grey. It is there, when I click on it is just says connecting but I can click on the gear and access the settings. It’s baffling that I can access the camera’s settings but not stream. I have tried all the attempted fixes on this thread multiple, multiple times

I have just purchased a new Google Wifi PRO ($399) with 6 Wyze Cam3 and they ALWYAS have connections issues. I have to reboot all of them, then they work. But after 10 min later i can’t connect to anyone. this is indeed a bug between Google and Wyze. Very annoying